13

3rd December 2016

"Well hey there," Mark said to the camera. We were at a park not that far from Tyler and Ethan's house, filming for the Twelve Days of Christmas stuff. I mumbled about how I could've been studying to myself as I carried Ethan's tricycle because he was contempt with being lazy. "Were less than five minutes into filming and Kiara's already started complaining. This is going to be a long day."

"I feel attacked," I shouted back to him. Forward, in a way. He was walking in front of me. Tyler was carrying the camera, filming us.

"Don't," Ethan responded, slinging his arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer to him, which worked so well, considering I was holding the stupid tricycle and sled. "You've got me to protect you."

"Oh yeah. So reassuring."

At one stage in the day, Ethan ran me over on his tricycle, which was fun. I wasn't sure if he did it on purpose or not, but I ended up landing on my back and had to sit on the sidelines, watching the boys mess around. He profusely apologised but kept laughing at my facial expressions. I smiled at him and got out my phone instead. The group chat was being annoying, like usual. I sighed and took a selfie, posting it to Instagram with the caption; Got injured by a certain blue boy today...

Apparently, he had me on post notifications. He checked his phone and smiled up at me. "Not on purpose."

"Yeah, cause that's a likely story. How do you accidentally run over someone with a tricycle?"

"On accident."

"Yeah, that's what I was," I laughed. Mark turned around, holding Chicas lead, despite that the well behaved dog was sitting next to me, violently wagging her tail.

"You weren't an accident. I specifically remember having a conversation with mum where she blatantly said that you were not a mistake."

"Oh yeah? How old were you when you had said conversation?" I sassed. "Besides, it was a joke."

Ethan laughed, grabbing my phone from my hands and sprinting off. I didn't get up and chase him. Besides, I wasn't moving, now that I was sat on my ass and had been run over by a twenty-year-old with blue hair, riding a trike. I didn't know whos spacial awareness this was a blow to. He came back eventually and handed me back my phone with this look of defeat that I wasn't going to mess around with him. He seemed to have forgotten about my back already. Great friend, he was.

We ended up going back to his and Tylers place to continue filming, starting with Tyler changing into the stupid turkey from the Christmas Can Wait video. I chuckled as I watched him walk out, looking incredibly annoyed to be wearing the costume again. The funny thing was that now Tyler didn't hate the costume as much. He found it funny, as he chased Mark around, he found it even funnier.

I was sat on the couch with frozen vegetables taped around my back. Taped with masking tape so that if I wanted to, I could stand up. Well more, if Mark wanted me to, I could stand up. Ethan was the one to tape me up. I lifted my shirt and he ran circles around me, taping the first bag of vegetables he could find in the freezer to my lower back. Mark wondered if I should go to the hospital, but I brushed it off. I'd go to the doctors another day if there was something actually wrong. I could walk, so it was fine.

For some reason, blow up swans were the next thing. Inside the house. Upstairs. In the already cramped landing space. Ethan and I were shoved up there with the sole purpose of making the swans move. Ethan was trying to make me laugh, no surprise there and again, not a surprise when I didn't laugh. I just looked at him for an overextended period of time and told him that one day, I'm actually going to kill him and it won't be an accident.

"Make it painless, then."

"You know I won't." He smiled and looked over the railing. Mark was smiling up at us. Of course, he was. He always smiled at us. "What, you twat?"

"You two not telling me something?" I knew what he was getting at. The thought just put me off existing.

"You already know that I want to kill him, Mark."

"Yeah, true."

We went outside after that. The darkness of the back garden was nice, but rather quickly, it was drowned away by floodlights and then we were getting things done. Ethan brought the swans outside and smiled at me as he did so. Apparently, a costume change that I hadn't noticed before had happened and as Ethan turned his muscle shirt into a bra, he winked at me.

"Hey, Kiara. Am I the man of your dreams?" I smiled and fixed the part of his hair.

"At this point, Jenny might be."

Japanese school dresses were next. The boys went to get changed and I sat on the couch, scrolling through social media for a while, not that any of it was that interesting whatsoever. It was gist some form of mild distraction, in a way. So much that when Ethan sat back down next to me, I didn't even care. He wasn't a worry of mine. He was trying to get my attention. He had it, but I just wasn't looking at him, so it automatically seemed like I didn't. I smiled to myself and liked a photo of me with a fan from the park a few days ago when Bob and Wade were still here. They had only just left for Cincinnati. A day ago really.

I looked up at Mark and Tyler, then to Ethan and laughed.

"Damn. Boys dressed like school girls." I bit my lip and smiled.

Mark groaned. "If you keep talking, ill make you swap with Ethan and you'll wear the dress."