Prologue - Mark

She was standing there. By the sink in Tyler's house, that she was only there because she could help out. She was helping with filming at first but had ended up doing other things. She liked doing little chores from the way she'd been brought up. I didn't understand.

"Kiara..." She wasn't looking my way. She poured water into a glass and placed it on the counter. I knew her game. "Kiara."

She looked up.

"Hi, Mark." Her small smile was welcoming, but short-lived. She had her attention elsewhere. She opened a small metal canister with her name written in sharpie on the front and got out her anti-anxiety medication. I watched her as she downed a tablet and smiled at me again. I'd been standing on the other side of the counter for a good thirty seconds by now. "Need anything? I'm just about to head off. Jenny wants to do something with me. Not sure what."

She had the same warm eyes as me and the same complexion, which was probably more of a given than what my mind could make up. She wasn't my twin. She didn't need to look so much like me. Then again, neither of us were that good at genetics to fully understand it.

She finished off the water in the cup and put it by the sink, upside down for draining.

"Do you remember Ethan?"

"Who?" I didn't expect her too. I barely remembered him.

"Backflip kid."

"Oh him." She slid her bag on, a purple one that she'd been using since the beginning of high school. It was so worn that it looked like it was a part of her. "What about him?"

"He's moving here. I offered him a job."

"Alright."