4 - Ethan

4th November 2016

Mark was fast paced. He did things at the speed he wanted them done at, and while at times, I wondered if he ever overworked himself, I found it oddly captivating how he did things.

Tyler, while he was always in the kitchen before me in the mornings, seemed to be dragging himself around today. Not in a bothered way, just that he was tired and grumpy. Stone-faced, if you will.

My eyes kept slipping down to the metal canister on the bench. A dusty, dark orange that stood out against everything. It had been for the past three days, probably more, considering Kiara's name was written on it in Tyler's handwriting. What was their relationship? And was she just this angsty with me? I didn't want to ask about anything because it wasn't really my place, but there was more than one question in the back of my mind.

She was strange. She'd go from calmly listening to music on the opposite side of the room to charging at me, and I had only known her for a few days. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to ever be in the same room as her, considering how she was, but Marks quiet murmur to me only told me to just be nice.

"Ethan, I know Kiara doesn't seem to like you, but she's scared." He paused and scratched his neck. "She has Paranoid personality disorder and Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Both since the beginning of high-school. No one knows the cause, but she's just scared."

"Oh."

"She's on antidepressants for about two weeks a month and anti-anxiety's daily."

"Oh."

I sighed and pushed away from the counter. I needed to film a video today, then head out to Mark's office, technically mine too. I worked there.