Acre XLIX - Beginning of the end

Soon as we reached the palace, my friends went straight to where Master Kolhberg is. I can’t blame them. They do not want to waste more time. Even Czillex whom never forget to say farewell before leaving me did forgot. I too plan to come with them but hold myself to cast a sight to all Magi lurking inside and outside the palace; they are all in battle armor. The soldiers double their guard. Everyone seems to be in a hurry and is busy with their task. They emit stillness aura, yet they seem under their own stream of cold seawater aflame itself.  They’re getting ready for the upcoming battle.

Isa pang dahilan kung bakit hindi ako sumama kina Czillex ay parang hindi ko pa kayang harapin sina Mommy at Tito Divus. At midst of jeopardy, naging pasaway ako. Hindi ko man lamang inisip kung ano ang mga posibleng mangyari. Naging kampante ako dahil ang alam ko ay bukas pa ang magiging battle between two clan.

“Goodness, Ngo!  You should’ve told me your plan,” out of the blue Magus, my best friend and cousin, cried when she saw me walk down the hallway. Her hands were on her hips. “you can count on me. Always.” She added, her voice laced with frustration. Shaking her head, she combed her hair with her fingers and fixed her eye contact on me.

I just shrugged and shot her a brief smile. Her eyes bleak and say, “You learned how to keep a secret from me eh? I feel bad.” I felt a pang of guilt. How could I not at least tell her my problem like I always did before? I share mine to her and vice versa. We always share secrets back then. When problem arises, we solved all of it together. We overcome whatever hindrances come in our way as long as we lend a hand to each other. We were inseparable. That how strong our bond, but what the h-eck just happened now? How could I forget to tell her? Am I not considering her?

I shook my head as if to cast off the depressing thought I have in mind. “I’m sorry, Magus. ” I said, sure my tone was a little wistful.

I heard loud footsteps coming unto our way. I peeked over my shoulder to see who they are. Suddenly, my heart raced rapidly. “Myhrr,” a firm voice called out my name.  My body stiffened. I gulped. “What you did earlier was reckless!” I blink several times. One moment Magus was in front of me then another moment I’m facing my furious brother and a disappointed cousin. “Ah—”

“What if you had lack of luck? You could’ve been wounded, or tortured, or worst dead!” Salver gritted his teeth. Padabog niyang inayos ang suot niyang armor nang pinapasadahan niya ng tingin ang paligid habang nakakunot ang noo. "Paano nila nagawa iyon?" He whispered but enough for us to hear what he just said.

My brother furrowed his brows and heaved heavily. "At aware si Tito Divus sa ginagawa niya, pati anak niya ay dinamay pa. Sana lang talaga hindi nila sayangin ang pagkakataong ibibigay ng Hari." Shaking his head, he dropped his gaze unto me. “Just be thankful that you were lucky to come back here safe and sound," he tapped my shoulder and said "slip in your armor, sister, then proceeded to your post. Hindi natin hahayaang maghari ang mga Dark Magi." Stillness and silence save for a moment after my brother and my cousin, Salver, left.

What do they mean by that?  Posible kaya na tungkol ito sa kaguluhan ngayon? If that's the case then, who might it be?

Binalingan ko si Magus, nagkibit balikat lang siya at natamlay na ngumiti. "I guess, oras na rin para pumunta ako sa post natin? Sumunod ka na lang huh?" Soon I nod my head, she run as fast as she could. Para akong nanghina. Is this the beginning of the end? I know which side I will fight with, pero kahit alin sa dalawang kaharian ang magtagumpay, in the end, I will still lose someone dear to me.

I shook my head to remove the bad things starts to formulate inside my head. Taking a deep breath, I run past the way to my room and quickly slipped unto my armor. I ready myself for the battle that I wish will have a good ending. Not just for the Light Magi but the Dark Magi as well.