Opening tour and Goodbye

Start from the beginning

Ally slaps my thigh and stands up with some help, “Come on, I am hungry.” I laugh and stand up picking Aubrey up. We walk back to the car and I place Aubrey in her car seat and get in the driver’s seat before Ally. I smile as she walks to the passenger side and gets in. “What do you want to eat baby?” She shrugs, “Something good.” I laugh and start driving until I see an Olive Garden. “What about here?” She smiles, “Sounds great.”

We walk in and are seated immediately. I smile as the waitress brings our bread and salad with our drinks.  “DO you know what you guys would like to eat yet?” Ally smiles, “I want the spaghetti.” I nod, “Make that two.” The waitress smiles and walks away.

We start eating and Aubrey is coloring. I smile and look at my little family and I start to see everything blurry for a minute. I blink and start eating again. This is becoming real. For three months me and my family are going to be separated and I won’t be able to talk to them and see them and hug them. I won’t be able to protect them or anything.

I push it all aside and smile because I will not ruin this day. Ally is feeling good and we are having a good time. The pasta is brought and I take some of mine and place a little on a plate for Aubrey. We start eating the pasta and then Ally whimpers and I look at her concerned. “Are you okay?” She is looking down breathing heavily then she nods and smiles. “I’m okay.” She is still breathing hard and I turn and look at her. She smiles, “I am okay I promise.” I look at her, “What happened?” She starts eating again, “He turned some and kicked and it was just a lot. His kicks are hard.”  I nod and continue to eat.

Ally smiles and looks at Aubrey than at me, “I was thinking ice cream and then we go to the beach.” I smile and nod. We get up and I grab Aubrey’s hand and walk her to the car. Ally gets in the passenger seat again as I put Aubrey in her car seat.

I park at the beach and get Aubrey out. I walk around the side of the car and put my arm around Ally’s shoulder and then grab Aubrey’s hand and we walk to the ice cream place. Ally goes and sits down while I hold Aubrey on my side so she can look at all the flavors. I smile as she points, “That one?” I smile at the lady who gets the ice cream. She hands me a cone and I hand it to Aubrey. “Go sit next to mommy.” She nods and walks away. I smile at the lady, “Sorry about that. I also want a cookie and creams cone and a rocky road cone.” She nods and gets them handing them to me. I pay and she thanks me as I walk away.

I walk over to Ally and hand her the cone, “Here you go.” She smiles, “Thank you.” She starts laughing, “Look at your daughter.” I look at Aubrey and she has her ice cream all over her. I start laughing and shrug, “It must be good.” Ally laughs and nods as we finish our ice cream. Ally laughs, “Lets head to the car so I can clean her up.” I nod and we walk back to the car. Ally pulls out a change of clothes and wipes. She wipes her hands and face. Then she wipes her chest and arms. I laugh as she takes and puts the new clothes on Aubrey. “Okay, we are ready.” I am still laughing but nod. “Let’s go to the beach then.”

We walk to the sand and I sit down and pull ally and Aubrey to me. We watch the waves as Aubrey plays in the sand.

I give Ally my stuff and Pick Aubrey up running to the water. “Daddy what are you doing?” I smile and get in the water with her. She is laughing as I play with her and splash her. “Go like this.” I show her how to splash and she does and I smile. “Good.” She smiles and we play around for a little bit then we get out and she plays in the sand again.