"Guy's'" I rolled my eyes even though she wasn't looking "Not all of us"

"No, all of you" she turned to face me with the wet sponge in her hands. "You guys think majority of us want the temporary things of gifts, money, sex, luxury..." she turned back around to the sink "But really with a world full of beautiful girls and prettier girls then the one who sleeps beside you...we just want to know your eyes and most importantly your heart is hers and only hers"

"I-"

"We fear you may find prettier or what not" she spoke with such pain. "Jack"

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Did you know that when a guy loves, he loses his mind and when a female loves, she loses her heart"

"What do you mean?"

"It means we are the ones who love harder no matter what you guys say or do, even if it was shown more then we show it. Us, females, love harder"

"Elaborate" I said, taking a seat at one of the stools by the bench.

"If a couple were ever meant to fall apart, it's always easier for the man to recover quicker because falling in love only meant losing his mind like a psychopath, but it's always easier to find yourself then to put together a broken heart"

"But men give their heart too"

"Yeah but men are created stronger then us by far more, you guys can hand us your heart, if we break it, it's like a piece missing that one day you'll put together. Females, it's not just a piece, it's pieces"
She turned off the tap and turned to face me.
"Why do you think majority of us females take longer to find love after our first?"

She made sense.
"Accurate" I agreed.

"'we love hard' is just a few words you'll take easy. But what I really mean, is that we love so hard that if you were to break her...after several years if you see her married with a family of a few kids, she will still considers herself a virgin...because the man who had her heart still has a piece with him that even her current man can't find or fix"

I froze and gulped aloud.
She was so detailed, and right. She explained what love, from a womens perspective was like, passionate love.
Then I realised we saw breaking them easy, when really, we ruined them forever.

"And you?" I was eager to ask.

Ella smiled, misguiding the question "And I?" she plainly asked.

"Are you missing a piece?"

She smiled weakly and looked deep into my eyes, "Pieces, Jack. Pieces"

My first thought was Josh. After all, he did touch her in ways anyone could only imagine.

As I was about to ask more, the door rang.
Ella dried off her hands and walked over, opening without asking who it possibly was.

"Josh" she gulped by the door.

"I wanted-" Josh's eyes spot me by the kitchen, he licked his bottom lip and bit them hard as he rubbed the back of his head. "Never mind" he held out an envelope "Sign these and hand them in to the counsel"