Trying Not To Love You (16)

*A/N: I know it's a little late for one of these kinds of notes, but I wanted to clear some things up about ages and all.

-Avery was pregnant with Quinn at late 16; she gave birth to Quinn mid 17. She is in her senior year, and almost 18.

-Hayden is 18, also senior.

-Quinn is 1 year old.

I just thought I'd cleared that up, because I was confused about that a little bit also. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________

                I still held that tight grudge since I left Hayden dropped me off from his house that night. I barely talked to him in the car on the way home, but he just laughed it off and said that I looked cute when I was angry. Well then, I'm about to look even hotter because I was irritated and furious at the same time.

                I fished through all of the dark clothes in my closet, searching for one that popped out at me. I mean, if I was going to a dinner, might as well dress my best, right?

                I paused for a moment and stopped picking through the piles of clothes. My eyebrows furrowed, and a puzzled expression appeared on my face. What the hell has happened to me since Hayden came into my life? Damn him and his split personalities.

                Sighing, I tightly gripped the plastic hanger of a black cocktail dress I owned. It was tighter near the top where my boobs would be filling in, and then starts to sway just above my hips. Ruffles and silver linings decorated the lower half and it ended just below mid-thigh. I don't remember how or when the hell I got this dress, but I thought it made me look at least a little sexy.

                I shook my head at the sudden thought and slipped into the dress with ease. I then turn to the mirror, facing the real challenge of getting ready. Grabbing my eyeliner, i started applying it under my waterline and above my eyelid.

                Just about half an hour later, I was fully finished for dinner with Hayden. In my opinion, boys just don't give girls enough credit for looking their best in under an hour. It's always the complaining and “Why do you take that long?” Well guys, we want to look damn well for you instead of looking like shit faces. Even though I don't spend the whole day in the bathroom, I know well enough how long we should take.

                I grab my black combat boots and stumble down the stairs, where I could barely make out Hayden's head lights through the window's curtains.

                “Going out tonight?” Mom asked from the kitchen, nearly making me jump in surprise.

                I nodded, plopping down on the couch to slip my boots on.

                “You know, I'm proud of you Avery.”

                My eyebrows furrowed, and I looked up at my mom in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

                Mom smiled at me. “You've found a man that you'll spend the rest of your life with, and now you've changed into a woman.”

                “Mom, I've changed into a woman when I was twelve and got my period.” I rolled my eyes at her, pushing myself off of the couch. “I'm not spending the rest of my life with Hayden. Our relationship is complicated.”

                The door bell rang, and I sauntered towards the door to let Hayden in.

                “Do you want to be with Hayden for the rest of your life?” Mom pressed, eyeing me curiously.