Twenty-Three

might end this soon?

---

Ryan and I spent New Years Eve at our apartment, and Spencer, Tyler, and Josh came over.

I got a text from Jon that night, telling me, happy new year. hope you're doing well.

I replied, thanks, you too.

Ryan doesn't know that Jon texted me or that I replied. I'm afraid to tell him because one, I didn't tell him when it happened, and two, I don't want him to be pissed at me for not telling when it happened.

I'm not exactly sure how Ryan feels about Jon. They don't know each other. I know Ryan is jealous that I had sex with Jon and not him, but that was me being an idiot and being over dramatic about everything. Jon is a good person. He's great to talk to about things, he listens to every word that's spoken and he comes back with his opinions, not afraid to state them, and he gives really good advice.

It'd be nice to have him back in my life, as a friend. I just don't know how either him or Ryan would react to the situation.

I guess I'll just have to find out.

-

My leg is going crazy, bouncing up and down, my knee sometimes hitting the table I'm sitting at.

I'm nervous. Biting the inside of my cheek. My eyes searching everywhere.

I haven't seen him since he was in the hospital when he got shot. Haven't spoken to him since New Years Eve, but that was just a text, and not counting the texts we sent just two nights ago, when I asked him if he'd want to meet up at a diner for lunch, maybe catch up a bit.

It's only been three months since he got shot. Since I last saw him.

He should have been here at least fifteen minutes ago. I'm starting to think he stood me up.

"Are you ready to order or should I wait a bit longer?" The waitress asks, this being the third time she's come to my table.

Just as I open my mouth to tell her just wait another five or ten minutes, Jon walks through the door and his eyes quickly find mine.

He sends a soft smile my way and my heart is pounding in my chest.

"I'll give you a few more minutes," the waitress says when Jon sits down across from me. "Give you time to look over the menu."

She walks off and Jon folds his hands on top of the table. He looks at me and I look at him.

Taking the time to take him in, study him some more.

His hair is longer, not much, but it's longer than it was before. He's still got stubble on his face. That was one of the things I liked about him. He looks good with stubble. And his eyes, they're still just as breathtaking as they were the first time I actually took the time to look at them. Small specks of what could very well be glitter in his brown eyes.

"Hi," he finally says, sighing softly after he speaks. "It's been a while." This time, he laughs. Just a chuckle, but it shoots through me. I haven't heard his voice or his laugh in what feels like an eternity.

"Hi," I answer back, unsure of my ability to stay calm and not freak out. "How've you been?"

"Good," he shrugs, leaning back in the booth and picking up a menu. "Can't complain. How about you? How's the other half doing?"

I furrow my eyebrows, but then I realize he's referring to Ryan. I didn't think he'd bring him up so soon, or even at all.

"He's good," I answer, looking down at the table. "Better now that Chad is locked up. He doesn't feel like a prisoner anymore."