Two

Just a heads up...

I'll be switching POV's between Brendon & Ryan, but I'm not gonna say who it is at the beginning of the chapter. But I'm sure you'll all know who it is once you start reading.

---

We got back to the hotel a little after midnight because Gee wanted to take his sweet time and flirt with every fucking person he saw on the streets.

"That kids mom was fuckin' psycho." He said, sitting on his bed and falling backward. "Kind feel bad for him."

"Yeah." I said quietly. I know what it's like to be in his position. I know it all too well.

"It's almost just like your -"

"Stop." I closed my eyes and tried not to think about what he was going to say. "I don't want to talk about it. Ever. Just forget about it."

"Sorry man." He said, sounding sincere.

I left to get away from it all. So I didn't have to put up with it or think about it. And I'd like to keep it that way.

"You have his number right?" I asked, sitting on my bed and looking at Gee.

"Yeah," he sat up and searched his pants pocket for his phone. "you want it?" I nodded.

Gerard handed me his phone with Brendon's contact on the screen and I pulled mine from my jacket pocket and entered his number and saved it.

"Thanks." I gave him his phone back and opened a new message to Brendon. But I have no idea what to even say to him. "You think he's alright?"

"Who? That Brendon kid? Yeah, sure."

"I'm serious, Gerard."

"So am I. The kid obviously knows how to handle himself. He seems to be doing alright. Despite his ma's situation." I shrugged and stared at my phone.

"I guess so." Maybe I could get him to hangout with me tomorrow. He seems like he really needs a friend.

So I texted him and asked if he'd like to do something tomorrow.

"We really need jobs, Ry." Gerard sighed.

"Yeah, I know. I only have seven hundred dollars left and we're gonna have to pay for another week stay here."

"Well I have two hundred." He looked down, like he was zoning out. Then he looks at me with wide eyes. "Hey, you think that kid would let us stay with him for a while? Until we got jobs and shit?"

"Um. No. I don't think so." No way in hell was that going to happen.

"I'm gonna ask." Gerard picked up his phone and I hurried to take it from him. "What the hell?"

"We can't ask him if we can stay at his house. He doesn't even know us and his mom will probably kill him if we're there. You saw how she acted with us there."

"Fuck, man. What the hell are we supposed to do then? We need somewhere to stay and we need food. And not to mention we need to wash our clothes and those laundry places aren't cheap anymore. It's like five bucks just to wash!" He has a point, but there's no way in hell I'll ask Brendon if we can crash at his place.

"That's why we need to find jobs." Gerard rolled his eyes at me and stared off somewhere.

My phone buzzed in my hand and I quickly opened the text.

Brendon: I have work tomorrow. Maybe after. But it can't be at my house...

I smiled to myself and texted back,
That's fine. Cant wait.