Sixteen

So this is why people take pills all the time

They make you feel fucking incredible. I only took one tablet, but I feel amazing. I'm happy. I haven't been happy in a long time and it's just amazing.

I ended up putting on some music and cleaning the entire apartment, even though it was pretty clean to begin with. I rearranged the furniture and vacuumed at least three times. Oh, and I even made banana bread. Who know I could do that? Obviously not me. But now the apartment smells like bananas and it's pretty nice. 

Jon told me to be careful with these pills before he left, not to take too many at once or too close together. And for me to keep the volume up on my phone so I can hear it if he decides to call and check on me.

It's nice that he seems to care about me.

I like Jon.

-

So maybe it wasn't a great idea to take two tablets and then go to Matt's house. He picked me up and I took the tablets a couple of minutes before he got there, and now it's been almost an hour since we got to his house. I kind of don't feel too good.

"Brendon, this is Aaron," Matt says, introducing me to a little boy. "and this is Paisley." The little girl looks most like me than the boy does.

"Hi." I say to them, a small smile on my lips. They stare at me in confusion.

"Guys, this is your older brother. Remember I told you about him?" The children nod their heads and keep staring at me. I feel really awkward right now. Matt turns to me with an apologetic smile on his face. "Aaron is nine and Paisley just turned six." 

The kids ran off to Savannah, who practically grimaced at me.

Oh, look. Spencer.

I walk over to him and sit down next to him.

"I didn't know you'd be here." He says, smiling happily. I just nod and smile back. I really don't feel all that great.

My eyelids feel heavy.

"Hey, you alright?" Spencer asks quietly. I shrug and then shake my head.

"Bathroom?" I ask.

He sends me off to the bathroom and I close and lock the door behind me.

When I look at myself in the mirror, I'm almost disgusted.

My skin is pale and my eyes make me look like I'm severely sick. I turn on the tap and splash cold water over my face a few times, then taking the nicely folded towel off of the towel rack and I dry my face with it. 

I go back out into the living room, which suddenly seems a lot fuller than when I went to the bathroom.

Matt comes over and introduces me to a bunch of people who are supposedly my family.