Fifteen

It's been a week since Ryan left me alone to die

I haven't been able to concentrate in school at all, I feel completely numb and dead inside, and Matt said I can't drop out or he won't continue to help me with a place to stay. Or anything else. He's still kind of pissed off at me for what happened with Savannah, when I told her about my mom being in rehab, and Matt paying for it. 

Spencer and I haven't really hung out or even spoken much in the last few weeks, so I invited him over to hangout with me, Josh, and Tyler.

They're pretty cool guys. I like having them around. Josh kind of makes me forget about things that I don't wanna think about and I'm really thankful to have him around. Tyler's really mellow, I've noticed.

I've also been smoking weed a lot. Spencer isn't too happy about it, but I tell him it helps me cope with Ryan leaving. I went out the day Ryan left and bought a new pipe. I took Josh with me so he could help me choose.

It's really pretty. It's shaped like an elephant and the glass is clear with pink stripes in it. It's turning darker though, because of all the weed I've been smoking. Tyler said it's resin that's building up on the glass.

"Check this out." Tyler says, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a really long cord. I furrow my eyebrows at him and watch him smile stupidly. "It's a ten foot long charger cord."

He seems really happy about this.

Josh starts laughing and shakes his head. I take another hit of the pipe and hold it in for a few seconds before exhaling. I've gotten used to it somewhat and I don't really cough much anymore.

"Why the hell do you need a ten foot long charger cord?" Josh asks amused.

"So when I'm laying down or something, I don't have to hold my phone so far away from me."

"But won't it take longer for the power to get from the wall to your phone since the cord is so long?" I ask seriously, because it's so long so of course it'd take a while.

Josh and Tyler look at me before bursting out in fits of laughter. I start laughing to, but what the fuck is so funny?

"Oh my fucking God, I love you." Josh says, laughing his ass off.

The knock on the door makes me jump and for a second I think it might be Ryan, but then I remember Spencer is coming over, and Ryan probably isn't ever coming back.

"I got it." Tyler says, getting up from the floor and answering the door.

Spencer walks in and Tyler closes and locks the door.

"It smells like a fucking skunk died in here." Spencer says while scrunching his nose. He sits next to me and gives me a one armed hug.

I lean into him and I kind of don't want him to let go. I like the contact and I really feel like I need to be comforted right now. Spencer seems to notice because he keeps his arm around me and gently rubs my shoulder.