Eleven

"So she's really in rehab?" Ryan asks, his fingers tracing patterns on the palm of my right hand. I hummed in response and rested my head on his shoulder. "That's awesome."

"I'm kind of nervous about the whole situation because he's married and he told me not to mention it to his wife, if I ever meet her, so who knows what'd happen if it did get out and she heard about it."

"Who cares," Ryan sighs. "she's the one who ruined your parents marriage. Well, half the reason, but you get my point. If she gets mad then she's just a hypocrite." Although he has a point, I'm still worried. My mom needs all the help she can get and Matt is willing to help her all the way.

I cuddled against Ryan and closed my eyes. I felt him kiss the top of my head and I smiled to myself.

"I saw that." He said quietly, sounding amused. I smile again.

"Saw what?" I asked in a soft voice.

"That smile. When I kissed your head."

I opened my eyes again and lifted my head to look at him.

"I'd be smiling even bigger if you kissed my lips." Ryan didn't hesitate to lean down and kiss me, giving me butterflies and making me shiver. His hand rested on my waist and I put mine on his cheek, my thumb caressing his cheek bone.

The kiss was soft and short and Ryan lied down on the bed all the way, cuddling himself against me. I sighed contentedly and relaxed against him and neither of us said a word to each other and sleep took over.

-

I knocked on his office door and stepped back afterward. When the door opened, I saw a blond woman. Tall and fit, wearing a pair of black rimmed glasses, a square shape with rounded corners. She smiled brightly at me and gestured for me to come inside.

"You must be Brendon?" She asked, and I nodded my head, my eyes moving away from her and finding Matt standing by the window. "I'm Savannah. I've heard a lot about you." 

"I'm sure you have." I looked at her again, pursing my lips and her smile faded.

"What can I do for you, son?" Matt questioned, drawing my attention to him once again.

Matt asked me not to mention my mom in front of his wife. The woman he cheated on my mom with. The woman he threw us away for. I don't think it's fair, to be honest, and rethinking Ryan's words about how Savannah would be a hypocrite if she were to get mad about my mom getting help from Matt, I took it into consideration over the situation and said fuck it, because this bitch came and wrecked my family. She deserves whatever pain she may get from the fact of her husband and my mother being around each other.

"I was just wondering if the rehab facility had visiting hours?" Matt's eyes widened and from the corner of my eye, I saw Savannah stiffen and her head turned from me to Matt.

"What rehab facility?" She asks.

"The one my mother is in." I turned my head and looked at her, a smug grin on my lips.

"What's he talking about Matt?" Savannah didn't seem too happy with her husband anymore, in fact, she seemed extremely pissed off even though she was doing a good job at hiding it. "Matthew."

Matt was quiet, at a loss for words I'm guess, but he eventually walked over to Savannah and sighed.

"She needs help." He said quietly. Savannah's eyes widened and she laughed in disbelief. "I was going to tell you, I just wanted -"

"So you've seen her then?" Savannah cuts in, her voice harsh and angry. Matt nodded. "You promised me when we left that town you'd never contact her again."

"You're making it sound like you're the one he was cheating on." I blurted out, not meaning to, but glad I did.

"Brendon, out." Matt pointed to the door and I smirked at his whorish wife again before leaving his office. As soon as I was out of the room, I could hear them yelling. I walked back to the apartment with a victorious smile on my face.

-

I'm not looking forward to this week. Ryan and I enrolled in school a couple days ago and today is our first day. I'm nervous because I don't want a repeat of my last school, with assholes and rapists. I just finished doing my hair, making sure I had no strays and I walked out of the bathroom, bumping into someone. I looked up to see Gerard.

"Shit, my bad." He said with a small laugh and a smile.

"It's fine." 

"You excited for your first day back to school?" I shrugged and looked down. "Hey, if anyone does some stupid shit to you, just let me know. I'll beat their asses." Like the way you beat Franks ass? No pun intended.

"Thanks, but I think I'll be okay." I walked away from him, going into my bedroom to see if Ryan was ready yet.

He smiled when he saw me, pulling his shirt over his head and straightening it out.

"You look good." He says, walking up to me and kissing my lips quickly.

"So do you." I kissed him back and the both of us hurried to get everything we needed for school and then we were on our way.

-

"We have no classes together." I say to Ryan after looking at our schedules, frowning and handing his back to him.

"Well that's because we aren't in the same grade." He laughed and took my hand in his and we walked down the hallway together. The people here didn't really seem to notice us, or even care that we were new to the school. Everyone minded their own business and went to where ever they needed to go. "I think this is your class." Ryan says, looking up at the room number. My eyes followed his and then I looked down at the paper in my hand.

Economics | Mrs. McGunagle | Room 105

I sighed because this is the right room and now it's time for Ryan to leave and go to his class.

"Text me?" I ask him, pressing myself against him in a hug.

"Of course. If I don't get in trouble." I looked at him and smiled. "What?" He smiled back.

"You're just perfect." I leaned in and kissed him quickly before letting go and walking into the classroom. 

There were plenty of empty seats, so I took the one that was in the back next to a wall. After a few minutes passed and the bell rang, more students flooded the room.

"Hey!" I heard the voice I've only heard a few times next to me, sounding bright and happy. I looked over to see Josh, the kid that lives near me.

"Oh, hey."

"This is awesome, we're in the same class!" He's way too enthusiastic this morning. 

The teacher came in, closed the door and started talking, telling everyone to open their texts books to whatever page and start reading.

I opened the text book that was already on top of the desk and smiled to myself. This is going to be a hell of a lot better than my old school.

---

Big stuffs next chapterrrrrr.