Five

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated anything.

Had surgery last week and I've been in a lot of pain, but I'm back!

---

It's been a long week. Ryan's terrified of leaving the house and he's missed a whole week of school. I told the office that he was sick and that I'd need to get all of his school work. I feel so bad for him. 

I'm supposed to go to court tomorrow morning to testify against Frank and I'm freaking out because I really don't wanna see him.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Ryan asked.

"No, it's fine. I don't want that guy to end up finding you." Ryan put his head down and sighed.

"I can't stay inside forever," he said. "I just wish there was a way I could get away from him for good."

I hummed in response and sat next to him on my mattress.

We've been sleeping together, in the same bed, since he came here. I don't mind though. Sometimes I wake up to find his arm around me and it's nice. I've been getting used to it. But I don't think he notices.

"What if we make him think you left town?" I suggested.

"How?"

"I don't know. I didn't think that far." Ryan laughed and smiled at me. "Maybe you could talk to Gerard and tell him to go back to where you used to live? Maybe that guy will follow him. Who knows."

"I don't know," Ryan sighed. "I just want a normal life."

"I know." I said putting my head down. "Me too."

-

Court was scary. I had to sit in front of a room full of people and answer questions I didn't wanna answer. I had to relive what Frank did to me.

And he got let go because there wasn't enough proof. Now I have to live with the fact that he raped me and he doesn't have to pay for it.

When I got home, I stormed into my room, slammed the door and started tearing my suit off while trying to push back the tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I almost forgot he was here. I didn't answer him. My tie was now on the floor and I pulled my jacket off, throwing it somewhere and I tugged at my dress shirt, not caring that the buttons were popping off. "Brendon stop." Ryan stepped in front of me and held my arms in place. "What's wrong?"

"They let him go." I whispered. "He got to go home!"

"What?" How?"

"There wasn't enough fucking evidence. He probably paid them to let him go."

"This is bullshit." Ryan pulled me into a hug and I buried my face in his neck. "I'm sorry."

"He can't just get away with it." 

"I know," he sighed. "I'm sorry." I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes.

The rest of the day the both of us were quiet. We didn't really say much to each other and it was kind of nice. We acknowledge each other, but we didn't need to speak. My mom has no idea that Ryan is here. 

"Hey." He said quietly. "You okay?" I shrugged and pulled the blanket up more to cover half my face. "You should eat something."

"So should you." I said looking at him. He smiled and I got butterflies.

"Pizza?" I nodded and Ryan picked up his phone and ordered a pizza. "Twenty minutes." He said hanging up.

We stayed silent until the pizza got here. Ryan went to pay for it and he came back with the pizza, a two liter of mountain dew and two glasses. He sat down next to me and filled up the cups, handing one to me and then opening the pizza box.