Twelve

"How was your first day of school?" Matt asked. We're sitting in my apartment and I know he's pissed off at me for outing the fact that he's helping my mom.

"It was fine. I liked it." It felt weird saying that I liked school, but I did. It was really nice not having to deal with the things I dealt with at my old school. Plus, Josh is really cool. The only downside is that Ryan doesn't have any classes with me. 

"That's good." Matt sat on the couch, his left leg resting on his right one and his arm on the back of the couch. He looked up at his eyes met mine. I swallowed the lump in my throat and my stomach was spinning. I knew he was about to yell at me. "Savannah decided she was going to leave town for a while to go visit her parents."

"Is that my fault?" I ask quietly, feeling guilty for making things hard in their relationship. "If so, I'm -"

"What you did was uncalled for Brendon. Especially after everything I've done for you since you've been here." I looked down and sighed. "I get that you're mad at me for leaving you, and I regret it. I wish I could go back in time and take you with me. Or maybe even work things out with your mom. But that's not the way things happened. I'm here now and I'd really like it if we could get to know each other and be in each other's lives. I love you Brendon, you're my son." I looked at when Matt choked out the last words and I noticed he was crying.

Seeing Matt cry only made me upset and I started to cry. Eventually, we were both standing in the middle of the living room, holding each other and crying. It felt nice to have my dad here, to cry with him, as childish as that sounds.

A while later, he went home and Ryan came out of the bedroom where Gerard and Frank are staying.

"How'd things go?" He asked, sitting down next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him, breathing in his scent and I smiled slightly.

"Don't act like you guys weren't listening." I said quietly.

"Okay, yeah, we were." Ryan chuckled and I looked up at him. "What?" He asked, just above a whisper.

"Nothing." I smiled and leaned up to peck his lips. "I'm just glad you're in my life."

"Me too Bren."

-

"It's really hard to resist you right now." Ryan said softly against my skin, his teeth biting gently into my neck. I held back a moan tilted my head back, allowing Ryan to continue kissing, sucking and biting my neck.

"I know what you mean, but we have to get up and get ready for school." My voice was low and breathy. Ryan stopped kissing my neck and his face was in front of mine.

"Let's skip today." He said, all seriousness showing in his tone of voice, making my stomach flip.

"As much as I'd love that," I said, leaning up and kissing him. "we have to go to school." I gently pushed him off of me and got out of bed. Ryan groaned and I laughed.

I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom to shower. I turn the water on and strip my clothes, dropping them into the basket, then pulling the shower curtain aside and stepping into the shower. The water felt good and I closed my eyes and stepped under the shower head, letting the water pour over my head. I picked up the bottle of shampoo and dropped it when a pair of hands landed on my arms. I quickly turned around to see Ryan standing in front of me with a grin on his lips.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I moved his arms off of me and tried to cover myself. "You almost gave me a heart attack." 

"Why are you covering yourself?" He asked softly, his hands reaching down to wrap around my wrists, pulling them up and wrapping my arms around his neck. Ryan leaned in and kissed me, his soft lips sending me over the edge and making my knees weak. I held onto him and kissed him back.