Angel (Part Two: Maknae Line)

Comenzar desde el principio

Jimin nodded and after a few minutes of holding you, you left and time was back in motion.

"Okay?"

Taehyung's voice drew Jimin out of his trance and the boy looked up at his brother. "Huh?"

Taehyung sighed. "It's been a long day, Jimin. Why don't you go to bed, okay? That'll clear your head."

"Did you see her?" Jimin asked.

"See who?" Taehyung questioned, looking around.

"(Y/N)... She was just here. Why didn't you see her?"

Taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line. "Come on, Jimin. You need to rest." The two began to walk out of the bathroom until Jimin spoke up again.

"Thank you, Taehyung."

Taehyung stepped back, surprised at how random that was. "Oh, uh, of course, Jimin. I'm always here."

***

After sending Jimin to bed and making sure his twin was alright, Taehyung went downstairs to clear his mind. He sat on a barstool in the kitchen, along. The clock on the microwave told him it was around 9PM and Taehyung didn't feel an ounce of exhaustion in him. It was usually like this. He never felt the urge to sleep anymore. He would always wait until he passed out, not caring if it was eight at night or eight in the morning. But he tried to stay up until his twin drifted off to sleep to make sure he was okay.

"I really love how you look after Jimin," a voice said, disrupting the quiet.

"Huh?" Taehyung looked up, frantically looking around for the source. And when a body solidified across from the counter in front of him, he felt like maybe he was dreaming.

"He needs it," you went on.

"Princess?" Taehyung stared at your form as you stood on front of him. This couldn't be you, could it? He had fallen asleep on the counter, hadn't he? In real life, he was dozing off, just dreaming about his little sister again.

"Tis I," you joked, bringing back old memories from when you two would talk like you were straight out of a Shakespeare play.

"Wha- Why are you here?" he asked.

"I saw how separated you guys were," you answered. "I want to fix that and tell you guys that it's okay."

"Some of us don't think that," your brother muttered. Out of all your brothers that you had visited so far, he was the most normal. He talked to you like he normally would – like you were still alive. He didn't freak out as much. Probably because he thought this was all some weird dream and he would wake up in the morning to Jin cooking breakfast.

"That's why I'm here," you grinned. "I hate seeing you guys living in denial and blaming yourselves for my death. I hate how I caused all this. I didn't mean to leave behind this mess."

"You didn't cause this," Taehyung stated. "It's just... we're getting over our pain."

"And some of us are doing in the wrong ways," you added.

Taehyung nodded. "But we all have our ways of grieving." He sighed. "I didn't mean to lash out at Hoseok-hyung at the funeral. I just had so much emotion bottled in me and I needed an excuse to let it out."

You nodded. "Hoseok understands. I told him to come by and start mending the relationship. You need to accept and make sure you listen to him. He's in the same boat as Jimin, but he doesn't have a twin to watch over him constantly. He's alone 24/7 in an apartment."

Taehyung nodded again. "I will, don't worry."

You smiled. "I'm glad I got to talk to you like I'm not dead. It's refreshing to see someone not freak out."

"I'll be waking up sooner or later," Taehyung sighed. "No use in making this seem like a nightmare."

You frowned. "Well just treat my advice like it's real life. Don't treat it lightly. Dream me is just as serious as real me."

"Will I be seeing you around?" he asked.

You shook your head. "I have to visit Jungkook and then I go back up to Heaven. But I'm not far. You can always talk with me. I may not respond, but I'm always there."

***

Jungkook curled up on the ground in his usual spot – right in front of your bedroom door. "Good night, (Y/N)," he muttered. "I love you and sweet dreams, sis." He chuckled a bit, getting comfortable in the covers draped over him. His bones pressed into the hardwood floor beneath and it hurt him, but he didn't mind. He was doing this for you. He didn't care if it hurt him. He just wanted you to come back.

It wasn't a secret that Jungkook's mental stability was decreasing. It wasn't entirely noticeable, but Jin was considering getting his little brother help. It was sad to see him go downhill, but his siblings figured it was best to leave him alone – to leave him with his thoughts, which only seemed it make him worse.

Jungkook heard a door click and something hit his back gently. It felt like a foot. "What are you doing?" someone asked and Jungkook rolled over onto his back to see you looking down at him.

His heart stopped. This was what he was waiting for. He was waiting for you to come out of your room and question him as to why he was sleeping in front of your door. "Waiting for you," he answered, sitting up.

"Why's that?"

He looked down, mulling over why he had been sleeping here for the past month. "Because I missed you. I wanted you to come back."

"But I've always been here," you said. "I've always been talking to you."

Jungkook shook his head. "No. You died, remember? You're supposed to be with eomma and appa."

"I am?" you asked, almost teasingly.

Jungkook sniffled, a tear escaping from the corner of his eye. "You're supposed to be with us, but you left."

You nodded. "I didn't want to. I hate seeing all this pain I've caused. I never imagined being the reason why you're all at odds."

"Has someone blamed you for it?" Jungkook questioned.

You shook your head. "But I can tell."

"Tell me if someone's blamed you for this mess," he said, his voice soft. "I'll punch them."

You chuckled. "Jungkook, you need to stop sleeping out here. It gets cold and you're blocking my path."

Jungkook nodded and stood up, gathering up his blankets and pillows. "Will you walk with me to my room?"

You shook your head. You looked down at your translucent skin and how it was slowly dissipating. You brother noticed, too, becoming concerned. "Why are you fading, sis?"

"I was only given so much time to fix you guys," you answered. "I hope I did a good job. I guess I'll see in the morning."

"Does that mean you're leaving?" Jungkook grabbed your hand. "Again?"

You nodded. "I'm afraid so. I'll let the others know you're not going crazy. You're the only one that's answering me when I talk to you."

Jungkook smiled. "Of course, sis."

"It's alright, Jungkook," you cooed. "Everything's going to be alright. Remember that, okay?"

"I will." Jungkook took a deep breath. "I promise."

---

Have a lovely weekend and thank you for all the birthday wishes! You guys made my day!