Brayden Schenn

"What happened to us?" You ask your now ex-boyfriend, Brayden.

You've never been so confused in your life. You and Brayden were the perfect couple; the two of you were so in love with each other. But you guys started arguing. A lot. The two of you were tired of it; you just wanted the fighting to stop. It seemed as if the only way it would stop is if both of you go your separate ways.

"I don't know, Y/N," Brayden answers. "All I know is that things didn't work out. I'll pack my things and then I'll be gone."

"Okay," you reply, not knowing what else to say.

Neither of you wanted this. But you knew it'd be for the best.

It's been four months since Brayden broke up with you. You haven't seen him since. But, you still remember it like it was yesterday. Thinking about it still brings back memories, good and bad. You hate to admit it, but you still love Brayden. You always will. You miss him a lot, too. But you don't know how you would react if you were to see him again.

All these thoughts of him overwhelm you. You decide to call up your best friend, Y/BFF/N, and ask her to hang out so you can get your mind off things. The two of you decide to go to the mall together. On the way to the mall, your friend connects her phone to the radio and turns on Pandora.

You both sing your favorite songs as they play. After awhile, an advertisement comes on. It's advertising the St. Louis Blues game that is tomorrow. Hearing it makes you think of Brayden. You used to love hockey. You've always liked it but never really got into it until you started dating Brayden. You still watch hockey, but as long as it's not the Blues. You wanted to avoid the thought of Brayden as much as you could. Sometimes you felt hockey is the only thing that could make you happy, though. It's kind of sad when the only thing that could make you happy doesn't make you happy anymore all because of one person.

Once you get to the mall, you and Y/BFF/N spend some time looking through clothes. After awhile, both of you start to feel hungry so you get food. As you're sitting in the food court enjoying your lunch, you converse with Y/BFF/N. As she's talking to you, her smile quickly fades. "Uh, Y/N," is all she can say.

"What?" You question.

"Call me crazy, but I think that's Brayden over there," she says, pointing.

Your heart skips a beat. You turn around and see him. Brayden is sitting with one of his teammates at a table. Without realizing it, you stare at him. He still looks like the same handsome man you fell in love with. All of a sudden, he looks up and his eyes meet yours. You quickly turn around and look at Y/BFF/N. "I think he just saw me," you say.

"Yeah, I think so too," she replies. "He's still looking over here."

You let out a sigh and then take a bite of your food while Y/BFF/N continues to watch Brayden. All of sudden, she starts freaking out. "Y/N! He's walking towards us!" She whispers.

You turn around to see Brayden walking in your direction. You quickly turn back around and whisper to yourself, "please don't come over here. Please don't come over here." Your heart is beating fast.

"Hey, Y/BFF/N," he says.

"Brayden," she spits. Sometimes you feel she holds more of a grudge against him than you do.

"Hey, Y/N," he says to you.

"Hi," you breathe out, looking up at him. Your eyes meet his again.

After a few moments you look away, but his eyes are still on you. Neither of you say anything and it makes you uncomfortable. It makes Y/BFF/N uncomfortable too because she gets up and says, "well, I'm gonna leave you two to talk."

Once she leaves, Brayden takes her seat. "I'm gonna kill her for this," you tell yourself.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good," you vaguely answer. "How about you?"

"I've been doing okay," he answers. "But, I mean how are you? Like how have you been since.. ya know."

"Oh, I've been good. Ya know, just living my life the best I can," you lie, assuming he's talking about the break up.

A hurt look comes across Brayden's face. "Oh, really? Well good for you."

"What about you?"

"Do you want the truth or the lie I made up so I don't seem like a depressed wimp?"

"I'd appreciate the truth. I don't judge."

"Y/N, to be honest, I miss you like crazy. I miss our fun times, our laughs, our staying up late and and talking about anything and nothing, our dates, our cuddles, our hugs, our kisses. I miss having someone like you there at all my hockey games supporting me. Sure, there's all the fans that always cheer me on. But they're nothing compared to you; you're my only important fan.

"I tried to move on, but nothing was working. To this day, I still can't get you off my mind. I was a jerk for the way I left you. It may have seemed like I just gave up on us. But it turns out I didn't. I'm so happy I got to finally see you again. I've been waiting for this day for so long. I know, if I wanted to say all these things to you so bad I could've just text you, right? But I wanted to wait until I saw you again because it's more meaningful in person.

"I don't know if you feel the same way or not, but Y/N, I still love you. I never stopped. And it feels really good to finally get all that off my chest."

Tears were forming in your eyes. You couldn't believe that he's still in love with you. "Brayden, I love you too. I still do, and I never stopped either," is all you say to him.

"Will you take me back?" He asks.

You think about it a little bit. You were heartbroken when he broke up with you. But you knew he didn't do it to be a jerk. He did it because he cared. And you missed him a lot too. "Of course!" You answer.

He smiles, reaching his hand across the table to grab yours. "That is the best thing I've heard lately," he states. "Can I have a hug?"

The two of you get up and Brayden engulfs you in a hug, taking in your scent. You take in his scent as well, making yourself realize even more how much you really missed him. "It may not have worked out the first time, but this time I promise I will fight for us. I love you," Brayden says.

You look up at him and get lost in his dreamy eyes. "I love you too," you reply.

Brayden crashes his lips against yours, giving you a passionate kiss. The kiss that you have been longing for for four months now.

Requested by letsgofleury29 . I hope you enjoy it!