Josh Norris

Your POV

"TEN... NINE... EIGHT" I hear the crowd in the SAP Center loudly counting down. The San Jose Sharks are in the Stanley Cup Finals against the defending champs, the Pittsburgh Penguins. It's currently game 7. If the Sharks win the game tonight, they will win the Stanley Cup. By the looks of it, the Sharks are about to win.

My heart skips a beat as each second passes by. It's the third period and the Sharks are up 3-2. I begin to think about my boyfriend of exactly four years today, Josh. He's worked so hard to help his team get so far. Just imagining how happy and excited he'll be forms a smile on my face.

"THREE... TWO... ONE!!"

That's it. The San Jose Sharks are the 2018 Stanley Cup Champs! I hug all of the team's wives and girlfriends. We're all just as happy as the guys are. We all gather our stuff and walk down the the basement of the arena together. When we get down there, we wait until the guard says we can go meet the players on the ice.

I wobble across the ice while looking for my boyfriend. It's hard to find him though because there's already so many people on the ice. Suddenly, my feet are lifted off the ice as someone grabs me from behind and picks me up. I let out a loud shriek. "Put me down!" I command.

Once my feet are set back on the ice, I turn around to see that it's Josh. I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs across his torso. Before I can even begin to congratulate him, he grabs my face and crashes his lips on mine to passionately kiss me. Our lips move in sync for a few moments. Then he removes his lips from mine and rests his sweaty forehead on mine.

I stare into his baby blue eyes. I cup both of his cheeks with my hands. "Congratulations, Josh. I'm so proud of you!" I tell him.

"I can't believe it," he starts. "All the hard work really paid off!"

I smile and give him a quick peck on the lips. Then, Josh sets me on the ground. He tells me to wait there for a minute and then he skates away. As I wait, I hear someone call my name from behind. I turn around to see that it's one of Josh's teammates, Brent Burns. "Hey, Brent! Congrats on the win!" I say, giving him a high-five.

"Thanks!" He exclaims.

"Now I think it's time to shave!" I joke, rubbing my chin.

"Um, I don't think so," Brent replies.

Him and I talk for a couple minutes until I feel someone tap me on the back. I turn my head to see that it's Josh. He smiles at me and then grabs my hand. He guides me to center ice. I'm not exactly sure why, though. Was he jealous that I was talking to Brent? It was nothing more than just a friendly chat so I don't think he would get jealous.

Josh grabs both of my hands with his and stares into my eyes. "Y/N," he starts. "These past four years have been crazy. We've both been trying to figure our lives out while still trying to keep each other happy. Which, by the way, you've done a great job and I hope I've done the same for you.

"I honestly don't know where I'd be without you. I've tried my best to keep my hockey career out of the way of our relationship. Sure, I've had a few slip ups. But you've been with me every step of the way. I mean look, you're here and my team and I just won the Stanley Cup.

"I love you so much that words can't even begin to explain. You're beautiful, funny, smart, and caring. I can't see myself with anyone else other than you. I was gonna wait to take you out somewhere nice and do this. But tonight's already been amazing."

Josh grabs something from behind him and starts to kneel on one knee. I hear everyone from the fans in the stands and the players and families on the ice gasp. He opens the small box to show the most beautiful diamond ring I've ever seen. My eyes fill with tears and my heart skips a beat; I can't believe this is happening.

"Why not make tonight even more perfect? Y/N, will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes! Of course!" I answer.

Josh slides the ring onto my left ring finger. Then he stands straight up and gives me a long, passionate kiss. I can't wait to see where else our future will take us. I love this man so much.

Requested by blackhawksgirl86 . Hope you like it!