Family vs 'family'

Max POV.

         We were eating lunch diner in The Bronx, NYC.  Dad was hunting a nest of vamps and he was letting me help.  It was my first real hunt since the church ghost in Michigan.  Dad had insisted it was a safety thing. 

       "So what's the plan?" Dean asked stuffing food into his mouth.

       "I was thinking we go in fast and don't fuck up,  you?" Dad said.

      "We don't know how many there are dad. I will go and scope it out." I said as I waved the waitress back to us.

      "How can I help you, young lady?" The ma'am asked.

        "Can I get another slice of cherry pie?" I asked.

         "Make that two, please." Dean said.

         "Once you have add those two slice to the bill, you can bring it to us." Dad said. After she walked away he leaned toward us.  "You will not be going alone.  I don't even want you walking alone in this city let alone  going to a vamp nest."

        "You two won't be far behind just out of my way."

    After we finished our meal, dad lead us to where he was told the vamps where staying. It was a big run down building,  it looked like it hadn't been used in decades.
I signaled for Dean to go left  and dad to go right if I jumped I would need them close by. I walked up to the front door cracked it open just enough to force my body in.  One room took up the bottom floor, 5 vamps slept in that room.  As I started up the stairs   one squeaked,  waking up the sleep in vamps. Before I new it there where 8 vamps on me.  3 must have been sleeping on the next floor.

        "DAMN IT, DEAN,  JOHN HELP ME." I yelled at the top of my lungs. Then I felt teeth on my neck. "Not today." I used all my energy to create move a mirror from the top of the steps.  The mirror slammed into the vamp leaning close to me.

        "Max, let's go." Dean ushered.  I was holding nothing but a glass shard a waiting for one vamp to move and give away its location. "Left side," dean whispered.  I turned to my left and quickly cut it head off. 

       When we had finished killing them,  dean started a fire in the fire place.  We throw the bodies into it and left out the same door we went in. Over all it was a good hunt. To celebrate dad bought us a pie and some ice cream.