Baseball

I know this isn't a YouTuber fic, but I really wanted to write it and what better place to put it?

"All right, Mugs! Throw!" yelled Cuphead, positioning the wooden baseball bat over his shoulder. The two cups had been sitting inside, watching TV, when Elder kettle had ushered them outside, telling them he needed to clean and that they should play outside. They had grabbed the bat and ball, as Elder Kettle had never let them play with it as younger cups because he was afraid they'd crack themselves.

"Okay!" Mugman wound up and threw the ball at Cuphead. Cuphead swung, there was a dull thud, and the ball was hurtling away from them above the trees.

"Hoo! That's a home run, all right!" Cuphead whistled. Mugman sighed.

"But that was our last ball," he complained, "and if we lose it Elder Kettle won't buy us a new one in forever!"

"Oh gosh, you're right! Let's go after it!" Cuphead charged into the foliage with Mugman on his heels.

                                                                                   ***********

"Oh, great," Mugman moaned, staring at where the ball was. The two cups had found it, but...

"Cagney got it... again."

Cagney Carnation was a colossal flower who resided in the Garden of Souls. He was asleep on the ground, his eyes closed and snoring softly. The ball had rolled right under his petals, and both brothers knew it would be a nightmare to get back.

"Well, let's go ask him for it!" Cuphead suggested. Mugman shook his head.

"He's asleep. He's gonna get angry!"

"Well, then let's go get it like last time!"

"No, you dummy! Don't you remember what HAPPENED a last time?!"

                                                                           ~~~ FLASHBACK ~~~

Cuphead crept slowly towards the flower, eyes narrowed, clutching a huge feather in his gloved hand. He slowly lifted the feather and drifted it across Cagney's nose. As the giant flower lifted his head to sneeze, Cuphead snatched the ball from under Cagney's petals.

"I GOT THE BALL, MUGS!" He cried.

"YEAH!" yelled Mugman.

Suddenly Cagney sneezed.

"Uh oh..." murmured Mugman. 

Cuphead screamed.

                                                                    ~~~ END OF FLASHBACK ~~~

"Cagney tickled you to oblivion," Mugman reminded his brother. Cuphead's eyes darkened.

"Oh, yeah, I remember now," he said unhappily. Then he brightened and added, "but I have a different plan this time! Trust me, it's gonna work!"

Mugman sighed. "I'm almost afraid to ask what it"s about..." 

"Then shut up and watch!" Cuphead slid from behind the bush they were crouching at and made his way towards the monstrous flower.

"Oh boy... here we go again," Mugman murmured.

Cuphead slowly approached the sleeping Cagney and took one of his petals gently in his hand. Mugman tilted his head. What is he doing?