Chapter 22. Unconscious

"I promise to love and cherish you, to honor and sustain you, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth,in the bad that may darken our days, in the good that may light our way. Tirzah, beloved, I promise to be true to you in all things until I die. And even beyond that, God willing"
-Francine Rivers, Redeeming Love.

Chapter 22. Unconscious

It all happened so fast.

One minute Michael was on the verge of losing his sanity because of Hazel's gentle touches and the next, his eyes could not focus as his mind was unable to comprehend what had just happened.

A truck had hit their car and sent it flying forwards before it was suddenly performing somersaults in the air. He could not concentrate on one thing only, a lot of things were going through his mind and all his emotions blurred his vision.

Their car was rolled over twice before it stopped, still upside down halfway in the middle of the road.

Michael's throat was parched. He blinked his eyes a few multiple times so that they could adjust to his surroundings. His ears were ringing though and he couldn't make out a single thing the people crowded around him were saying. He could faintly hear ambulance wails and some guys in front of him asking him if he were alright. But he was not. He felt dizzy, and he knew he would black out again.

Hissing, he turned his head to see Hazel. She looked terrible. She looked so lifeless. Her skin had black smudges on it and her eyes were closed. He felt panicked. In his last attempt, he drew in his breath and screamed her name over and over again till his eyelids drooped and he was out of conscious.

*******
Where am I?

He was lying on a hard bed and everything around him was white, like he was suddenly transported to heaven.

What happened?

He opened his heavy eyelids, before closing them shut again because of the light that was directed at him. He raised his hand weakly to his eyes and tried opening them again, blocking the rays out.

He looked around the dimly lit room to see that he was on a hospital bed. Machines were placed next to him with tubes that were leading to his arm. He tried moving it but couldn't and groaned because of the pain. His leg was bandaged and supported and his chest was bandaged too.

There was an open window and he saw that the sky was dark, meaning that it was somewhere around midnight. His throat was parched and he saw a flask placed beside him so he reached up to get it. Luckily, he could sit straight, despite his broken leg.

As he was gulping down the liquid, he heard a small snore come from his distant left.

Mate.

In one flash of movement, Michael had pulled off all the tubes from his arms and somehow managed to reach towards the stretcher she was lying on. He turned on his wolf vision, even though it was a bit hazy and weak, and looked at her. His jaw clenched at the sight of her. Her face was pale and had a few cuts and bruises on it. She looked really weak and he began wondering what the hospital management had been feeding her. Her forehead was bandaged and her arm had a caste on it.

What day is it?

It all dawned on him then. The party, the ride home, Hazel experiencing heat, the crash and him blacking out.

This is all my fault, Michael said to himself.

If I had stopped her before, none of this wouldn't have happened. I should have stopped her. She was not ready. She doesn't deserve this.

He didn't like seeing his mate like this. Hell, no one would like to see their mates like this! He wondered over a thousand different scenarios in ways in which he could have stopped this horrifying incident from happening.

Thank the goddess that she's alive, you ungrateful prick.

Sighing disappointingly at himself, he wished that Hazel would forgive him for the action that nearly caused her her life. Reaching out to her stretcher, he grabbed one of the handles and pulled himself so that his bed was now right next to hers. He grabbed her good hand, and gave it a squeeze before bringing it up to his lips and giving it a light feathery kiss.

Contently, he smiled lightly before placing it on his chest and drifting back to sleep.

**********

"Oh, honey!" Michael's mom rushed inside the room and hugged him. He groaned when he felt pain in his chest as his mom had exerted too much pressure on it. His mom pulled away, smiling sheepishly.

He saw his little sister, Victoria, enter the room who gave him a deathly glare.

"Don't you ever do that again, okay?" She asked in a harsh tone. He just grinned at her.

"Mum was worried sick-"

"And you were worried sick, too?" Michael cut off her statement.

Victoria blushed, "Don't be so full of yourself!" She said and rolled her eyes, making Michael laugh whole heartily.

He felt someone move by his side and saw Hazel, lying peacefully.

"She hasn't awoken yet?" He asked.

Mum shook her head no while Victoria went on looking at Hazel with a confused expression.

"Who is she? And why is she lying with you?" Victoria asked.

"She's his mate!" Mum squealed.

Victoria's mouth formed an 'O' while Michael groaned in embarrassment.

"Mom, stop." He whined but his mum continued squealing. He felt Hazel snuggle more into him and he smiled at the fact that she found comfort in him. He pressed his lips to her temple and caressed her hand that he was holding.

"Awww, aren't they cute?" Victoria cooed. "Michael's getting soft!' She exclaimed.

"Shut it," Michael said, glaring at her but all she did was laugh and his mother joined.

Soon enough, a doctor came inside, smiling and happy. He told him that they had to run some tests and told him about his medicines and when he had to take them. He also learned that he had been out for two days and that they had to hack his phone to call his mother and inform her of the situation. But, he assured him that there was security all around the staff so no one could have entered in his private data and files.

"Will Hazel be alright?" Michael asked.

The doctor sighed, "She's alright. Her heart rate is a little slow and her bruises are taking longer to heal. But she's fine. She's in a coma."

Michael sighed contentedly, happy that she was fine.

"But-" the doctor started again.

"We aren't very sure wether she'll wake up or not."

PLOT TWIST YAY!!!!! *im evil* WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS CHAPTER? COMMENT BELOW PLEASE 💞

Question:

Summers 🔥 or Winters ❄?

The Full Moon RitualOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara