Chapter 12. Coffee

"The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
-Jean Paul

Chapter 12. Coffee

"So, do I have the job?" Hazel asked, excitedly.

"Yes, Hazel. You can start working from tomorrow." The woman smiled at her. 

Immediately after Hazel walked out of the huge building which read "Wood Enterprises", she searched for more jobs, walking around the streets till a sign caught her eye. It was a cafe and the sign; "Jobs Available" made her rush inside. She was immediately greeted with the divine aroma of food and she sighed. She wanted to forget the incident that happened in the morning. Even her wolf had cut off their connection. Even though it wasn't Hazel's fault, and she tried to convince her wolf of that. 

She ran to the manager and knocked on the door before a small reply came from beyond it. 

"So, what you're saying is that you resigned form your job at Wood Enterprises because Mr. Woods himself failed to respect you?" She asked as soon as Hazel told her what happened to her.

Hazel nodded at her, "If one can not respect me then I don't think I should respect them." 

The woman looked at her, eyebrows raised. Finally, her lips broke out into a smile and she gave her the job which consisted of making coffee as Hazel knew how to do artwork and arrange the books in the small library, about which Hazel had learnt just about now. It was their own where people would sometimes come to donate books for them. They are currently expanding it.

She felt really happy here, making coffee for the happy costumers and helping out with the books once in a while. She wore a white colored apron with a pink colored rose on top and tied her hair into a messy bun before she went to work.

*Time skip*

Two weeks have passed since her spectacular encounter with her mate and with her new job. She really did feel good and the job payed well. Not better than the job she used to have but enough for her to fill her stomach and pay her bills. 

She was also promoted to the position of cashier. She declined, saying that she loved her job as a coffee maker as she loved doing artwork on them but her manager smiled at her saying that she can have both the jobs and increased her pay which seemed fine enough for Hazel so she accepted.

She was standing at the cashier, a permanent marker in her hand as she wrote the little girl's name who was standing in front of her. 

"What's your name again?" She asked, smiling widely. She had done a pretty pink bow artwork for the little girl on her request. 

"Anna," The girl smiled at her. Hazel wrote the name on her cup and a message saying, "You have a really cute smile" with her red permanent marker which she kept for little kids and sometimes messed up teenagers.

Hazel put the lid on top and gave her the cup as she walked away, smiling. Hazel smiled. This job was really satisfying and it made her feel positive about life. 

Till it lasted, that is.

***********

"Michael!" Dylan said, shaking Michael's shoulders.

"What? What? What happened?" Michael said, expecting an earthquake or something but he narrowed his eyes when he saw that it was only Dylan.

"You've been asleep on this sofa in your office all day!" Dylan shouted at him. Sometimes, he sounded like his mom.

"Did you sleep at night?" Dylan asked his friend as he tried to get up from his sofa but failed.

"No," Michael said thinking about last night when he went out for a run in the dark forest. His wolf was thinking about Hazel a lot lately and he tried to control but his wolf held on and Michael shifted. He ran for the whole night, not thinking about anything else but her. 

He made a terrible mistake. Even Dylan admitted it.

"You need to calm down a bit," Dylan said.

"I have work to do," Michael grumbled.

"No you don't. I checked. You cancelled all your appointments. You fired almost everyone. And you've been sleeping your ass all day!"

Michael said nothing, just stared at the ground coldly.

"Let's go out for coffee," Dylan suggested.

"With all that paparazzi around here? No way!" Michael denied instantly.

"I found this amazing place. It just opened. They have really good coffee. C'mon I'll take you there," Dylan said.

Michael thought about it for a while. No one can make better coffee that Hazel. "Okay. I'll come."

"I'm driving!" Dylan shouted as he ran out, Michael following him behind.

*******

"There's a lot of people here. I think that Hazel should make the coffee and Sandy could take your place as the cashier today." Hazel's manager said. Hazel sighed and nodded. There really were a lot of people coming in today.

She got to the coffee machine while Sandy brought her the orders which Hazel had to prepare.

"Two coffees. Black. No milk. No sugar." Sandy said as she stuck her sticky note on the counter beside Hazel. 

"Two men, I suppose?" Hazel asked.

"Yes." Sandy said dreamily. Hazel looked at her confused before Sandy stood straight, cleared her throat and walked outside.

Hazel did a black tie artwork on their coffees, wondering whether they'd like it or not. She sent the coffee cups and went back to work.

After a while, Sandy came back in, with a grim expression on her face and the top buttons of her top opened. "One of those men wants to see you. I tried to flirt with him but..." She sighed at the end before walking out.

See me? Hazel thought.

She rubbed her hands on the apron. There were two men in business suits with their backs onto her.

"Excuse me?" Hazel asked as she reached their table. "You wanted to see me?"

Both the men turned around making Hazel's jaw dropped to the ground.

"Yes," That same husky voice said, "We need to talk, Hazel," He said as he sipped onto his coffee casually.

Well, who do you think the mystery guy is? So, how did you like this chapter? Please state your opinions in the comment box and don't forget to vote, share and follow!

Peace out! <3 

Question:

Flowers 💮 or chocolates 🍫?