Chapter 37. A Visit

Chapter 37. A Visit

Later that night, Hazel tossed and turned when she had a nightmare. One which she could never forget.

She was standing next to a fire ignited building and she recognized it as the one which had collapsed on her father the day he died.

"Daddy!" Her head snapped to the source of the voice and she saw that it was little Hazel who screamed when she saw the fire ignited building fall down on her father.

She was confused. It was like she was living in the past, but from a third person's point of view. Like she could see what happened that day but from a different perspective. She felt nothing. No remorse, no pain, no burns from standing right next to the building. Nothing.

The screams of little Hazel got louder and Hazel felt a stinging in her ear. It started off with a light buzz but increased till Hazel had to clench her ears tightly to stop the stinging which pounded in her skull. She closed her eyes and winced. When she opened them again, she realized that she was now in a white room.

She was standing behind a woman. She recognized the woman as her mother because of her hair color and slender body shape. She held a camera in her hand. Stepping away from her mother, she looked towards where the camera was pointing and saw that it was her father who had one his hand placed on little Hazel's shoulder and the other holding William's sleeping bag. They were both smiling widely at the camera and they looked so...happy.

"I see you're happy watching them," A voice behind her said. Hazel immediately recognized it as the same angelic voice which had spoken in her head at the Luna Ceremony.

She turned around and her jaw dropped in surprise. In front of her stood an angel, no it was the Goddess. The Moon Goddess. Her skin was so fair and her golden hair was curled which reached her waist. She was wearing a long, flowing white gown and a flower crown was placed at the top of her head. A golden aura surrounded her and Hazel felt summoned to her power.

"Moon Goddess," She breathed out and got down on her knees, bowing her head a little to show respect to the Goddess in front of her.

"Rise, my child," She cooed and Hazel stood back up at her feet.

"Do you miss this?" She asked her, gesturing towards the scene behind her of her family.

Hazel nodded. She felt the longing in her heart and the pain in her chest as she remembered the moments she shared with her father.

"Don't let the same thing happen to your child," The Goddess smiled, pointing to her belly and then to the scene behind her. She turned around and Hazel saw that the whole scene had changed.

Instead of her mother holding a camera, Hazel was standing there, tears streaming down her face and sobs erupted from her body. A man stood in front of her, with his arm draped around a woman. Hazel couldn't make out the faces of those two people as their faces were blurry. The man had one of his hand on a small girl. She looked to be no more than five years old. She had brown hair and her face was devoid of any emotion. Her hazel eyes were blank as if she felt no emotion to Hazel who was crying.

Hazel took a close look at the girl. She looked...familiar. Like seeing herself in the mirror..but with some of Michael's features there too.

She gasped when she realized that the girl was her daughter...their daughter. She looked so beautiful. More than what Hazel had wanted her to turn out to be.

But then why was she with the unknown man and woman and not with her and Michael?

She turned around and glared at the Moon Goddess. "Don't you dare take my child away from me and hand her over to someone else."

"I'm sorry, Hazel."

"No!" Hazel seethed. "You will not do this to my child!"

"I have to. But, if you're good at it then she won't have to see this day," She answered, pointing to the scene behind Hazel and slowly started to fade away.

"Wait what does that mean?" She asked. Everything was going black now. She was unsatisfied. She wanted more answers. She needed answers. "Wait!" She screamed but it was of no use. Her voice trailed away and the darkness filled her vision.

Hazel gasped awake. There were tears running down her cheeks and she was panting for air. She looked around and saw that she was still in her room and Michael slept soundly next to her, his back turned towards Hazel. 

"Michael," She said, shaking his body so that he wakes up. "Babe, wake up."

"I'm up. I'm up," He said sleepily before he sat up properly. He rubbed his eyes and yawned before stretching and turned to Hazel. "What is it?"

"I had a dream," She started. Michael rose his eyebrow.

"Was it a nightmare?" He asked concerned.

"No," Hazel replied. It really wasn't a nightmare.

"Then why did you wake me up at," He glanced at the clock. "3 in the morning?"

"I got a visit. From the Moon Goddess."

That got his attention. He looked at her worried and immediately gathered her in his arms. "Did she say something? Should we be worried?"

Hazel nodded.

"She said that-" She choked on her own sound. "That our daughter is going to be kidnapped."