Chapter 32. "I love you."

"Promises are the uniquely human way of ordering the future, making it predictable and reliable to the extent that this is humanly possible."
-Hannah Arend

Chapter 32. "I love you"

"Here," Hazel said, picking up another strawberry dipped in chocolate and held it in front of Michael's mouth. He opened his mouth and Hazel plopped the strawberry inside.

About an hour has passed by. The wine bottle and large sized pizza box was empty now. Hazel somehow ended up sitting in his lap with her back leaning on his chest as she fed him chocolate dipped strawberries.

She picked up another one before doing the same with it but as soon as she was about to place it inside his mouth, she backed her hand and ate it, moaning at the taste to purposely tease him.

"How dare you!" He gasped, fake glaring at her.

"Like this," She shrugged and placed another strawberry inside her mouth.

"You will be punished for this!" He said and started tickling her sides.

"STOP!" She giggled, thrashing wildly in his arms. He didn't though, just tickled her harder.

"Say that, you'll be good!" Michael demanded, a smile forming on his face at her melodic laughter. He noticed the way she squirmed lightly and tried to claw at his hands that were tickling her. Without her noticing, he changed their positions to tease her afterwards.

"I'll be good!" She giggled out. He stopped immediately. Hazel realized that he was lying on top of her while she was underneath him with his hands  on her waist and her palms placed on his chest. They were both breathing heavily and Hazel saw his eyes flick between her eyes and her lips. She bit her lip unconsciously at the intensity of his stare and he growled lightly, desire evident in his eyes.

"Michael," She whispered his name and he growled again.

"Tell me what you want, Hazel," He whispered, his eyes changing colors which meant that he was fighting his wolf.

"Kiss me, Michael." She demanded but her voice came out like a gentle caress. There was no denying that she didn't want this and even if she did deny, she was certain that he wouldn't let her go that easily.

"Hazel," He whispered, bringing his face closer to hers.

Just as soon as their lips were about to touch, he pulled back. Hazel felt the warmth go away and snapped her eyes open. Her cheeks flushed and she felt rejected as a wave of sadness washed over her.

Doesn't he want me?

The thought hurt Hazel. Of course he doesn't, he has so many bimbos swarming around him who are prettier than you.

Wait, then why did he plan this evening?

"I want to do something first." Michael saw the flicker of emotions in her eyes. First confusion, then pain and then again confusion. He knew that she was overthinking which is why he justified his actions by saying this to avoid her from having conflicts in her mind.

Oh.

He stood up from her and helped Hazel stand up too. He led them to the middle of the red carpet through which Hazel had walked to him before. Hazel felt really confused yet curious as to what he was about to do. She felt him clamp her hand tightly while beads of sweat formed on his forehead. He was slightly shaking and he looked really pale.

"Michael, what's wrong?" Hazel asked when he cast his eyes down to the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She whisper-asked. She placed her hand underneath his chin and forced him to look up. He looked so nervous and Hazel could not believe that she was dealing with an Alpha and a CEO right now.

"No Hazel, I have to do this," He whispered, removing her hand which was underneath his chin.

"Do what?" She asked and in an instant, he was down on one knee. 

Wait, is he proposing?

Hazel wanted to put her hands on her mouth to hide her wide mouth but his hands held hers so tightly so she just looked at him in disbelief.

"Hazel, the moment I saw you in the office when you came for the interview, I was dumbstruck. I thanked the Moon Goddess for pairing me up with an Angel like you. You looked so sexy in that office attire and I wanted nothing more then to bend you over and have my ways with you. Afterwards you showed me what a perfect assistant you can be. You were so smart and cunning and you lifted a huge burden off from my shoulders with your assistance. You know, I never wanted a mate. I used to think it was so cliché and mushy but when I met you, my love, all those thoughts flew out of my mind. My heart feels like my chest can barely contain it like it-like it doesn't even belong to me anymore, it belongs to you."

"Hazel, I've done so much wrong. I'm aware of my reputation. But I would like to change, for you, for our pack, for our future pups and I would never do those things to you. I would never harm you in any way. And if I do, you can," He gulped, "you can reject me and I'll accept it. But please Hazel, give me a chance, I'll show you that I can be so much more than what you dreamed of, even though I'll screw up from time to time." He chuckled at the end.

"Please, give me a chance Hazel," He ended. By that time, tears were flooding from Hazel's eyes and sobs erupted from her body.

"Why, Michael?" She whispered, her voice croaky. She didn't know why she said this but she wanted to him him confirm his feelings for her.

"Because I love you, Hazel Grayson." At this line, she threw herself in his embrace and sobbed on his chest. She was drenching his shirt with her tears but he didn't mind. He hugged her with the same fervor and drew circles on her back while whispering 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry' in her ear.

"Yes," She whispered and Michael's eyes snapped open. He pulled away from her and looked at her.

"What did you say?" He asked, making sure that he heard it right and that his mind wasn't playing any tricks on him.

"I said yes, Michael," She smiled at him and he smiled back. He stood up and let his fist up in the air before shouting 'Yes!' repeatedly. She giggled at his actions, not believing that she was seeing an Alpha act so boyishly. He was like a small child that received candy for the first time, so carefree and happy. He even picked her up from the ground and twirled her in the air and she giggled even louder.

"Wait, I have one last thing," He said and set her down. He fished something from his pocket and Hazel gasped. It was a ring.

"This ring is proof of my promise to you. I love you, Hazel." He said and slid it onto her ring finger.

It was a small ring but it was just the way Hazel liked it

"I love it," She whispered, gazing at the ring which shined on her finger, her tears rolling down her cheeks again.

"I love you," He whispered back and sealed his promise with a passionate kiss.

AHHH I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO SO SO MUCHH!!!! Anyways, what did you guys think of this chapter? Let me know about your thoughts in the comments below!

Question:

Have you guys ever been on a date? *grins cheekily*