Chapter Twenty-five: The Charm Gems

Start from the beginning

Raiden's brows immediately furrowed when Elora said that.

"You're not going with me, Elora. You're pregnant. Baka mapahamak pa yung baby natin."

Napasimangot na lamang si Elora at umirap ito sa kaniyang asawa. She got a little annoyed with the overthinking of her husband.

"Stupid. Hindi pa naman ako nasa critical stage ng pagbubuntis. Tomorrow will be my second day, it's not that risky. I'll come with you whether you like it or not, Raiden."

Pagtataray ni Elora bago niya pinagpatuloy ang pagkain. Napangisi na lamang si Raiden habang umiiling, wala na talaga siyang magagawa kapag si Elora na mismo ang nagdesisyon. Well, Elora is superior to him.

The next day, Elora helped Raiden in disguising himself. She even drew a mustache in Raiden's philtrum so that he'll not be recognized as the king. Elora gave him a scar so that Raiden could cover his half of face.

"Perfect. You know look like a father."

"I'm already a father, you're carrying now my child, Elora."

She suddenly smiled and felt the butterflies again inside her tummy. Raiden really never fail to make her smile and giggle.

"Let's go. Baka hahanapin ka na naman nila Lyon."

Elora took the hand of Raiden and they went outside their house. It's still early in the morning at konti pa lamang ang gising sa castle kaya wala silang naging problema sa paglabas. They both took the Myst Train Station and in just a second, they already in the Central City.

Nakahinga naman ng maayos si Raiden nang makita na konti palamang ang taong nasa labas. Well, it's just three in the morning kaya tulog pa ang karamihan. They took the south since it is where the Bazlib can be found.

The Bazlib was one of the old buildings in the Bahazar Kingdom and they never renovated it since then. It was made out of a dirty white marble and there were also marble pillars scattered in the entrance of the building. Raiden and Elora took the stairs and opened the wooden door that made a creepy sound.

They were welcomed with cold atmosphere inside. Konti lamang ang archimages na nakita nila sa loob. There were lights that were attached in the ceiling. Lumapit ang tingin nila sa bookkeeper na kanina pa nakatingin sakanila. Elora squeezed Raiden's hand when she was creeped out with the gaze that the old man was giving to them.

Hindi na lang nila iyon pinansin at nilibot nila ang loob ng library. Nagkahiwalay silang dalawa, dumeretso naman si Raiden sa pinakadulong bahagi ng library. He scanned every bookshelves pero puro tungkol lamang sa mga iba't ibang mystiques na alam na niya.

"Raiden."

He quickly turned his head to Elora, he saw her holding big brown book kaya dali-dali niya itong tinulungan. He was the one who is carrying the book as they walked towards the nearest wooden table. Elora turned on the lamp that was placed at the table.

"Where did you get this?"

Raiden asked confusedly because based on the cover of the book, it looked ancient and old. There were swirls engraved in the cover with unfamiliar letters but it looked like it was in the latin language.

"At five o'clock."

Napatango na lamang si Raiden nang ituro ni Elora yung direksyon. It was also one of the hidden places in the library. Raiden was the one who opened the book and he was astonished when he saw the word Aether. Napangiti agad siya dahil ito nga ang hinahanap nila.

He was about to turn the pages when they were interrupted with an old grumpy voice.

"Researching about that dark mystique?"