Chapter Three

The next day, Siobhan sat at a small table at StarbucksTwo cups of coffee rested on the table as Siobhan studied for her test which she'd be facing in a few hours. It was the day of her midterm exams at school, yet Siobhan felt as if she was not ready for the test. She felt incomplete. 

Running a hand through her hair, Siobhan closed her eyes; a method to soothe her already tittering nerves. 

You can do this, Si. You've got this. Nothing's stopping

"Siobhan," An all too familiar voiced called out in front of Siobhan. As quick as they closed, Siobhan's eyes snapped open, only to see Prince comfortably seated in front of her. "I've been looking for you." 

"Prince." she sneered back as she gathered up her belongings, not wanting to study any longer. The only thing that ran through Siobhan's mind was the idea of being hurt by Prince at the club yesterday.

Prince watched as the love of his life packed her books together to leave. He couldn't let her get away.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." He revealed. "My behavior yesterday was truly unacceptable. I... I don't know what came over me." 

With that, Prince retrieved a small box. Opening it, he pulled out a silver bracelet, with an 'S' shaped charm dangling from it. The cold heart which Siobhan had a few minutes prior had softened at the sight of the mesmerizing piece of jewelry. Prince's way of apologizing was really getting to her.

"Here." Prince said, sliding and clipping it onto Siobhan's wrist. "It's from me."

Siobhan bit her lip with a smile. "I don't know what to say..."

"And you don't have to. Just come along with me to the mall this afternoon. I'll buy you anything you want."

Almost immediately, Siobhan looked up at Prince as she slowly shook her head. I have a boyfriend, for Christ sakes! She thought. Does he even care? I don't know him!

She had finally concluded that Prince was crazy, and she had to get away. Fast. Grabbing her drinks and bags once more, Siobhan stood up. "I can't. I'm sorry..."

"Siobhan, wait!"

Before Prince could even finish his sentence, Siobhan was already out the door.

"Shit!" yelled Prince once he saw Siobhan leave the premises. He kicked the chair across from him, and sighed out angrily. His plan of getting his amor  was failing miserably. That matter made him angry. Prince was clearly obsessed. 

***

Two hours later, Siobhan sat in her Biology lecture room, tapping her pencil on the desk. All of her studying had come to good use until she came across one short answer question.

'What is the function of the kidney?' the question read. She struggled to answer it. About to leave the question blank, Siobhan felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. Looking up at her professor, she saw him sitting at his desk, reading a newspaper. 

Just my luck. Siobhan pulled out her cellphone and opened the message she received on her cell.

'The kidney removes waste from the blood and maintains water fluid levels.' It read. Suddenly, she realized that was indeed the answer. She gasped and quickly wrote down the answer, then reply to the text.

'Who is this?'  

'You don't need to know.' The person replied.

"Okay class! Pencils down! Your scores will be let out on Friday." The teacher said, collecting the test papers. After gathering her belongings, Siobhan rushed out of class. Whoever just texted Siobhan had just earned her a few extra points on her test.