Chapter 37 - Heartbroken

Start from the beginning

"Stop it. Please..."

"Can you imagine what I had to endure to see those pictures of yours with that rascal? When he told me that you had approached him to tarnish this launch party in his papers?" Nikloi screamed.

"Here I was, trying to make it special for you while you were always plotting my destruction. Did you plan it on the yacht? Was it before you were in my bed or after?"

"Nikloi, please don't say that", she pleaded to him.

But he didn't seem interested in anything she had to say.

"I was a fool to think you were different. You are nothing but just another bitch willing to sleep around to get what she wanted", Nikloi spit out in anger. His words cut through all her defence mechanism. She felt exposed and bleeding. No, this couldn't be happening to her.

"Stop it. You don't know what you are saying", she begged him to stop hurting her.

"I was right about you all along. You use men as it suits you, like all other women. You are all the same".

"Noo.."

"Why should I treat you any different? I should have taken you long back. You were only worthy of keeping my bed warm for a few hours", he gritted the angry words out.

Chrissy felt someone had squeezed out her heart from her body. She stood there frozen hearing him say those cruel words to her. An acute pain spread out from the centre of her bosom and spread all over her body, paralyzing her on the spot. Tears of anger, shame and disgust had welled up in her eyes and she had no control over them.

All she wanted was to run away somewhere far off where his cruel words would not reach her. But her legs were dead. Her heart was dead. She wished she was dead.

Nikloi was still holding her trapped between his body and the door. Not that there was any fight left in Chrissy. His words had finally broken her. There was nothing she could do to make him see the lies Richard Susshell had fed into his mind. And Susan had used the opportunity to spread her malice deeper into his heart.

Why he had readily accepted their word against her was something she would never understand but it proved the shallowness of his feelings for her. She was a fool to hope in these last few days that there was more to it, than plain, simple lust. He desired her body. She came across as a challenge to him when she wouldn't jump into his bed with a flick of his fingers. And he could easily believe the worst of her when the two most criminal minded people presented it to her in the forms of those manipulated pictures.

It was all over between her and Nikloi.

But that's where she was wrong. Her sudden silence did nothing to calm Nikloi. In fact, her lack of response confirmed her guilt to him. He was outraged by her deception and ignored her tears completely. Deep down in his heart, he had wanted her to fight. To prove him wrong even though his brain had told him she was not worth it.

His eyes turned blood red and he fumed in anger.

"You chose a wrong guy to play your games this time. Your act is up and you won't get away so easy!" he blasted.

Saying those punishing words, he pulled her body away from the wall and in doing so, snatched her gown off her shoulders. Such was the intensity of his force that her zip slipped open half way down on her back. Before Chrissy could stop, he had slid both his hands from her back to her shoulders and spread them around her throat.

Chrissy felt a burning sensation where his hands closed onto her sensitive skin but she couldn't pull his hands away as her hands were trying to hold the bodice of her dress, freed because of the loosen zip, in its place.