Chapter 18

Song - Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs David Guetta featuring Kiiara - Complicated

I just love this song. Listen to it while reading this chapter. Hope you enjoy it too.

*************************************************

Mrs. Smith had woken up and was not sure what had happened to her suddenly. All she remembered was that she had gone to Roman Baths with her daughters and was resting when she was tired of walking. She was not used to being out for so long. Sometime while sitting at the bench she had passed out. She hadn't felt any major discomfort but waking up in a hospital was not pleasant.

She could see Alice was troubled and she herself was slightly nervous. She was not concerned about her own health but what would happen to her daughter if she would not be around. Her husband's death had shaken the family and even though she knew she wasn't able to do much for her them, she didn't want her girls to be left all alone in this selfish world.

When Chrissy came in following Alice, suddenly, Mrs Smith felt much better. Her elder daughter had had a calming effect on her always. She was the reason they were still a happy family in spite of all the troubles they had faced in the past. She kept all of them together and going.

Chrissy told her everything was all right and the doctor said she is fine. He just wanted to run some tests to finalize the medication and they should be able to go home soon. The girls sat with their mother while the tests were carried out.

Chrissy had called Betty Granny to inform her about Mrs. Smith and that they should be home as soon as possible. She didn't want her to worry why they had not yet returned home.

She also wanted to know about how much would be the charges for the hospital. It was quite an expensive place and she had no idea how she was going to pay for their bills if she didn't know how much money was involved. She tried to speak to Steven but Nikloi ensured she never had a separate moment with him alone.

In fact he had decided to stay back the whole time till they were discharged from the hospital. She was sure he had many important things to attend but he wasn't willing to listen to her when she told him she can manage on her own. He was his stubborn self, as usual.

Nikloi never went in to meet Mrs Smith as he didn't want to disturb her but Mrs. Smith had caught a glimpse of him standing outside the room. Alice told her that it was someone from Chrissy's office and he helped them reach the hospital but Mrs. Smith already had a feeling that he was more than just some colleague.

When doctor finally came to say that all the tests were as expected and that they can be discharged now, they were all relieved. Alice was very happy to take their mother back home.

Before leaving, doctor asked Chrissy to step aside and explained her about the medication. He explained that while there was no direct connection between today's exhaustion and the nerves disorder but he suggested that Mrs. Smith should take things lightly and to be regular with her medicines. Chrissy thanked him but she felt that the doctor wanted to say something more.

He kept standing with her and looking awkwardly at her face every now and then. She was suspicious that he wasn't sharing the complete information and maybe there was something she should be worried about. Not knowing how to get it out from him, she put a right hand on his left arm and asked, "Is there something you are not telling me? Is my mother not ok really?

He immediately stood straight and said, "Oh no, there is nothing seriously wrong with your mother. She should be ok with her regular treatment". After a pause he added, "Actually, I hope you don't mind..... I was thinking.... if you mind sharing your phone number?"