Chapter 35 - Launch Revelry or Is It?

Finally the day of the Nikoi's dream, Royal Le Swaroski launch arrived. The hotel was all decked up as a new bride. Chrissy had been working at the hotel for couple of months now, still she was awed at the magnificence and brilliance of the entire place at the launch party. It was simply beautiful and Chrissy prayed silently in her heart for the party to go well. She wanted nothing but happiness for Nikloi.

She did not get an opportunity to meet him since morning. He was super busy, everybody wanting a minute of his time as they were all excited about the launch party. But Chrissy knew she had special reasons for her happiness. She had been trying to avoid accepting her true feelings since a long time. But yesterday Nikloi had managed to shed all barriers she had built around herself and reached her inner most self.

She had tried hard, God knew, she had really tried hard to ignore those undisclosed feelings. She never wanted to be a play thing, a temporary fling for him and to do so, she had denied herself what her heart had truly desired. But after yesterday, she had realized that what mattered most to her was the time spent with him, even though it was for a short duration. She had finally accepted to herself that she was in love with him.

Last night, she had decided that she would take what life had decided to offer and be content with it. She knew Nikloi didn't love her the way she did and there was no future for them together but she would not think about tomorrow. She would live for today. For Nikloi. And for their happiness together. For however long it was destined to be.

With her heart full of happiness, something she had never dreamed to experience, Chrissy had reached the hotel as quickly as she could. Unlike other parties, this was one party for which she had wanted to look her best.

She had selected a simple yet elegant cream coloured gown. It was demure yet Chrissy looked very appealing in it. It was hugging her body in all the right places but had some room towards her legs such that she could walk comfortably. The entire gown was covered with small bead work which gave her an angelic look. The back had a deep neck showing off her beautiful creamy skin but the front was respectable with full sleeves and so Chrissy felt really nice about this gown.

Linda was genuinely impressed as Chrissy had found out the dress all by herself and she gave life to the dress once she put it on. Linda insisted on doing light make up for her and after initial reluctance, Chrissy finally gave in to the insistence.

When Chrissy entered the party, there weren't many people around. She inspected the central lounge and all the preparation around the place. It was exactly as they had planned. Beautiful and elegant, just like her. Satisfied with everything, she decided to take a seat among a corner seat and wait for Nikloi to show up.

Her heart was beating really fast thinking about the party but more importantly for what lay ahead of the party. Linda had gone ahead to check the other sections. Chrissy wanted to be with Nikloi more than ever but knew it was an extremely important day for him. She didn't want him distracted or take away any of his attention on his big day. She knew this hotel was his dream project since a long time.

In fact this hotel was the reason why she came to know him in the first place. Had he not taken up this project, they would have never met. She remembered that day many months ago when she had seen him for the first time in Regiment Estate, just outside her shop. It seemed a lifetime ago.

So much had happened since then. She had changed, learned so much, grown up, matured and fallen in love with the last person she would have ever dreamed of. He was simply out of her class. And yet here she was, waiting for him, knowing they would continue what was left incomplete yesterday. Her face coloured just at the thought of those steamy moments in his arms and she shivered involuntary even though the hall was quite warm and pleasant.