Chapter 37 - Heartbroken

Chrissy shivered and turned around towards the door involuntary as it closed with a loud thud. She had insisted on speaking to Nikloi all alone but now that they were alone, her bravery seem to be deserting her. She was still looking at the closed door in a daze when she was spun around harshly against a solid wall.

Nikloi was holding her arms tightly, forcing her to look up to his face. But the look on his face, terrorized her to her core. "You should have left when you had the chance", he said through his teeth. He eyes were red with anger and he was breathing fire down his nostrils.

This was the first time Chrissy was seeing him like this. Never had she experience this form of him. Not even when he had been extremely upset with her. This was a different Nikloi, one she had never known.

"Nikloi..I..", she tried.

"What did you want to say to me that you couldn't say in front of others? Or should I ask what did you want to do?" He taunted her, pushing her body against the door.

"No, please.. aah..", pain shot through Chrissy's arms as he increased the pressure on her arms.

But Nikloi didn't seem fazed by her pain. He seemed to be burning with rage. Chrissy was paralyzed under his acerbic attack. She had not expected such hatred from Nkloi. But she had find a way to stop him somehow. She had to make him see sense else they both would be destroyed in aftermath of his rage. She struggled to free herself but Nikloi's grip only tightened around her arms. She knew she couldn't overcome this brute force and had to do something else.

"Nikloi, please listen to me... none of this is true... I did not do anything wrong. I don't know what Richard told you or why but you must believe me... I am telling you the truth", Chrissy struggled to say it in between her pain.

"Such innocent face. You almost sound real with that face", he moved his hand from her arms to her face. His fingers softly caressed her skin. And in spite of their situation, Chrissy felt a hot wave shot through her body. Her body involuntary gravitated towards him. His hands moved from her face to her throat. He traced her exposed collar bone with light fingers. Chrissy's breath was stuck in her throat. "This is what you wanted?", he asked her huskily.

"Nik..", she sighed unable to control her emotions. "I..."

Nikloi hands went around her waist. He drew her even closer and she felt his touch on her exposed back. Her skin burned where his hands were spread out. Her own hands moved up of their own accord and rested on his shoulders. Just when she thought her Nikloi was back, she heard his voice crashing all her hopes.

"Oh you had me there. I had almost fallen for that innocence, thinking it was a reality. But now I know, you are nothing but a farce. A calculating fraud who thought she had a chance to get back at me through Richard Susshell"

Those words pierced her ears and her heart. Her eyes went large at the disgust in his voice. He was staring at her with cold dark eyes.

"You never thought your dear Richard would give you away, did you? But you forget, this is not your world. If I depend on Richard for getting the right coverage for my hotel, he depends on me for far more things, money for example for running his empire. And his need is much bigger than mine. So try as he might, he cannot ditch me for a Nobody like you!"

Nikloi's words were making every second unbearable for her but she couldn't do anything to stop the outbreak.

"Now everything is falling into place. I had seen the two of you getting cosy at every opportunity. At the yacht and even today! You were sticking yourself to him even though you acted as if you are made up of glass when you were with me. Did you like his touch? Did you shiver on his bed like you did with me?"