Chapter 24

Check out the song above - I will always love you by Whitney Houston.

************************************************************************

Chrissy woke up with a start. For a moment, she couldn't place where she was. She felt disoriented, dishevelled and lost. Forcing her drooping eyes open, she saw she was in a car with a coat wrapped around her like a blanket. And she was not alone. She looked at her co-passenger and that's when it all came back to her.

She was with Nikloi. Nikloi, who had kissed her senseless at Stonehenge.

She sat up straight in the seat with a jerk. Did she fall asleep in his car again? Oh, how could she after what had happened!

She wished she had died instead of falling asleep in his car. No matter how much she struggled, she couldn't bring herself to control her uneasiness. When did she fall asleep? And why was she covered in his coat?

He had thrown his coat the back seat while going to Stonehenge, she remembered.

She slowly raised her eyes to look at him and what she saw shocked her to her core. His face was blank but for his eyes which were communicating openly. He was looking at her with naked desire in his eyes.

Chrissy shivered in her seat even though the temperature in the car surroundings was quite warm. She had never seen him like this. Usually he was quite quick and effective in covering up his emotions. Never letting anyone know what was going on in that head of his. But not at that moment. His eyes slowly moved from her eyes to her face, went all over her body before returning to her lips.

Chrissy throat was parched. She gulped down a lump stuck in her throat. She didn't know what to do. She had never had such an experience. And while she had had some miniscule experience with men now, between him and Henry, she still didn't have the slightest hint of what desire was really like. She had never seen such blatant want. She didn't even know what to call it.

Embarrassed and hassled, she quickly lowered her eyes. His coat had fallen to her lap and she was fidgeting both her hands in her lap. Such was her state that she didn't even realise that they had reached back and were parked outside Betty Granny's house.

When he stretched out his hand towards her, she squeezed back in the seat. A glimpse of disappointment flash through his face but he covered it up quickly. Turning his face away from her, he said, "Your house is here."

Chrissy looked outside and saw Betty Granny's house. The day had set and night had descended around. How long had she been asleep? And how long he had been watching her, she wondered stupidly.

Nikloi turned back towards her and picked up his coat from her lap. While doing so, his fingers rubbed against the fabric over her thighs. She sizzled in that area as if he had touched her naked skin but he seemed least bothered. He had been looking at her desirously few minutes back but now he had no interest in acting upon that desire. He didn't want another rebuttal.

She was dismissed as far as he was concerned.

But she couldn't decide what to do. She felt completely stupid. She should just get out of the car and leave but still she couldn't bring her limbs to follow her brain.

She wanted to say something, but she didn't know what. She wanted to stay back but didn't know why. She was a complete mess. If she had felt miserable earlier for denying him and herself what both of them had wanted, now she felt extremely melancholic.

But she was only annoying him by this delay.

"You should leave now. Your family must be waiting", he said impatiently, while still looking away.