Chapter 29

*Hello, my lovelies. This chapter contains a bit of violence, so just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks for sticking with the story!💛*

Kaycee's POV still

As promised, it didn't take long for the authorities to show up, but they were not what we were expecting. It seems that Richard not only told them about me, but he also told them about Aime and here we are, trying to explain to government officials that Aime is not a weapon, but merely a robot and a friend. They came with warrants and a threat to arrest Jessica if she did not comply, but true to form, my Jess would not give in without a fight.

Jessica turned to Aime and apologized, then pointed to the hidden cameras directly above us before she spoke these words to the agent, "Aime is not to be removed from my possession. She is my invention and every single part of her is patented, so therefore, she is my property. If you lay a single hand on her, or attempt to take her from this house; I will not only sue, but will also release the video that you are currently being recorded on to the media. I will allow your scientists to have access to her schematics and permission to radiograph her to check for any weaponry that you clearly suspect her of having, but I will be present for all of it and only I will handle her."

The agent named, John, clenched his jaw, then said in a low voice to another agent, "Find the video." Then he motioned to the officers toward Jessica and I.

I watched curiously as Jessica looked at Aime, then nodded so slightly, that even I barely caught it. Aime returned the gesture, then closed her eyes and held still. They tried to detain her, but she couldn't be moved.

I let out a scream as an officer grabbed my Jessica and successfully cuffed her, then whimpered when another officer did the same to me. It was only then that Aime finally made a move, but it was to speak.

"Let them go, officers." Aime said calmly.

John looked directly at Aime and said, "We don't take orders from a computer wrapped in cheap metal. Now, you will follow my colleagues, or witness much worse being done to your creator."

Aime clocked her head, "Is that a threat, sir?"

"No. I don't make threats." John simply said, before backhanding Jessica.

I lunged forward with a growl, then received a blow to my stomach, causing me to fall over. Jessica was sobbing as I was trying to catch my breath, then I cried out when John kneed Jessica, sending her to the ground.

"Please, stop hurting her! Aime, do something!" I yelled through my tears.

"I am." Aime cooed, never moving from her spot.

"Oh, are you finally going to prove to us that you're more than a robot? Are you going to make an attempt to protect your creator? Well, try it. I'm right here." John sneered.

Aime didn't even blink when she replied, "I was originally created for security purposes, but I was built out of love and given free will over my decisions and actions. I do not believe in violence, as it is beneath me and my intelligence. Only savages, psychopaths and those with inferior intellect resort to harming another being on purpose."

This noticeably angered John and he retaliated by leaning down, then punching Jessica right in the face. I couldn't stop my tears as Jessica wailed, then curled into a ball as best as she could with her arms cuffed behind her back. I tried my best to move toward her, but was stopped by another blow to the stomach.

The agent that was looking for the video ran into the room screaming, "Stop!"

I took that chance to crawl over to Jessica and curl my body around her, so that she wouldn't receive any more damage from that asshole. One of the officers reached down to pull me away, but I used the only defense I had and bit him, causing him to scream, then kick me in the back.

I took the blow, then moved closer to Jessica, so I could lay my cheek on hers and whisper, "It's ok, baby. We'll be ok. I love you so much."

Jessica was shivering, but she managed to choke out, "I love you too. This will all be over soon."

"Where is the video?" John asked his colleague.

I snuck a peak as he answered, "It's everywhere, sir."

John's eye twitched as he asked, "What do you mean?"

His colleague moved closer, so he could speak in a lower voice, "This is being live streamed all over the internet. I don't know how, but I think the robot is somehow... she's connected to everything..it won't be long before..."

Just then, every agent and officers phone lit up and started going off, I even heard my own ringing from the bedroom. John pulled out his phone and looked angry as he watched whatever was on the screen. The other officers backed away as they also watched their screens and a few of them ran out the door.

"You fucking..." John muttered, then stomped over to us and shoved my body away from Jessica's, then grabbed her by the hair and lifted her off the ground.

Jessica cried in pain and I kicked at him. Aime moved from her spot to stand in front of John and said, "Let her go, sir. The world is watching and your prison sentence is becoming longer with every violent action toward the innocent humans."

John gripped her hair tighter and pulled Jessica closer, then pulled his gun from the holster. "They are not innocent," John pointed at me with his gun, "She is a pedophile," then he held it to Jessica's head, "And she is playing God. I mean, look around, these two are trying to pretend they're normal by playing house and I'm having a conversation with a fucking conscious computer. I may go to prison, but at least I can protect the world from these freaks first."

"No, please!" I cried out.

A new emotion swept across Aime's face and she said in a low, threatening tone, "I will advise you to remove the weapon from Jessica's head, sir."

"Oh yeah, and what are you possibly going to do? The pacifist robot? Give me flowers?" John spit out with a malevolent tone.

I could hear the sirens in the distance as Aime grabbed the arm holding the gun and twisted it, then pushed Jessica to the ground and kicked John in the right kneecap. I heard the crunch and snap of the bone, then the agonizing scream come out of John's mouth as he fell to the ground.

"I only said that I do not believe in violence, but a weapon to my best friends head more than justifies a violent reaction." Aime said calmly, then reached down to help Jessica up.

Aime pulled Jessica's cuffs and the chains broke easily, then she helped me up and broke my cuffs as well. I ran to Jessica and threw my weak arms around her, then leaned into Aime. She wrapped her cold, but comforting, metal arms around us and that's when I heard it..the undeniable sound of a gun being fired multiple times. Before I could blink, Aime faltered and the sound of heavy metal hitting the ground rang out, then I felt a sharp pain and the last thing I saw, was my sweet Jessica's eyes widen in shock as she fell to the ground with me.