Chapter 20 A Second Chance

Hey Guys! Author here again! Come at you with a new DC x Reader chapter.

You guys have been loving the heck out of this book so far and I appreciate all of the feed back and advice you guys give.

This is going to be a long book with all the girls we have, some of which we haven't even gotten too.

Looking forward to the future now that we have hit 20 whole chapters.

Now, onto the recap.

Last time, we almost went back to school after our fun with Kara when terrorists bombed a building in central Gotham. You learned Evie is Mist and that the bombing was a distraction and something has happened at Gotham Prison.

Now, without further adieu, let's get to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

I look at the door, waiting for everything to be ready. I pace a little, starting to sweat a little in my uniform. I can't believe I've allowed this to happen. I was tricked and caught of guard. I couldn't let this happen again. This is the start of something large.

An hour earlier...

"You're sure?" Superman asks.

"Unfortunately, yes." I reply as I look down the hall.

"This is a big problem. With those villains on the lose, everyone in Gotham is in danger."

"Even worse, I have a hunch who helped them."

"Who?"

"The Fox." I state.

There was silence for a bit. It sinks into Superman's head that we are all in much more danger then we have ever seen.

"Ghost, what do you recommend?" Superman asks.

I pause. I've made decisions before, but never this big. If I screw up here, it could mean the end of it all. I take a moment longer to think. We can't do this alone, even though there are a lot of us. The fox is strong, but he is also cunning. He most likely already has a plan to take care of the heroes, then he'll take on me. We need something he won't expect. Something he'll never see coming until it's to late.

We're gonna need some back up.

"If you ask me, we are going to need more help then what we currently have." I start. "Fox probably already has a plan to deal with everyone else to get me alone, then he'll take me on. I've over come uneven fights before, but that one will be the end. We need to recruit people that he won't expect us to. Someone who'll give us a slight upper hand."

"Where will we find such people Ghost?" Superman asks.

I was still standing in front of Harley's cell, she has been looking at me the whole time through her door. I look over to her and then reply, "I have a few ideas."

Back to the present...

A man walks out of the room. He is talk and built. His officer uniform looks like it has been through hell because of all the sweet on it. I raise an eyebrow and look at him.

"You ok officer?" I ask, voice modifier still on.

"Yeah.. I'm fine." He nods, wiping his brow.

I look at his name pin on his chest. It reads 'Eddie Souther'. He salutes me and I nod before walking in. (This is a reference to the musical my school is doing. If you get it, then give yourself a pat on the back)