Chapter 11 The Chase

Hey guys! Author back here again. Ready to get back to writing stories! What did you guys think of the Christmas special? It was fun to write.

Anyway, recap time. Last time, on DC Ball Z. That's what we are going to go with. You got to go to the Christmas party at the Watch Tower. You learned most of the heroes real identities. You got four kisses from four girls. Then those same four girls agreed to date you. Also got a call from someone.

Very eventful last chapter.

So, without further adieu,  let's get to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

"Gab." I say, smiling to myself, "Good to hear you're alive."

"Good to hear you are too." He says from the other end of the phone, "See you've been in the news recently. Becoming a big hero."

"Only you and the others from the squad would be able to tell that was me." I laugh a bit then get serious, "But I'm guessing you didn't call me to make small talk."

I hear a chuckle from Gab, "You can read right through me can't you? Yes. I have something that might interest you."

"Gab." I take a breath, "You know how I feel about.."

"It involves the Fox."

I grip the phone a bit tighter, "You have my attention."

"I can't give you the information over the phone. Get on the Gotham Public bus at 8:30 tomorrow morning. You'll receive further instructions then."

"Got it." I say.

The line disconnects and I put down the phone. I take a breath. What kind of information does Gab have on the Fox? It must be important if he has to meet me in person to talk about it. That also means another thing: He thinks we are being tapped. Someone is keeping a close watch on him. We had to be careful.

"Have fun at the party?" I hear from behind me.

I turn to see Death standing behind me. "Yeah. I did." I nod and smile.

"Did anything happen?" She asked with a bit of an edge to it. 'Come on, just tell me.'

'Oh no. I'm in trouble am I?' I think.

"Weeeelllllll." I stretch that out, "can I guess you snuck in?"

"Yes." She Nods.

"And you saw everything that happened didn't you." I rub the back of my neck.

"Yes. I did." She says. 'And I'm jealous.'

"Then you know." I look up at her.

"Yep." She walks around the couch and stands right in front of me.

"Yeah..." I scrub the back of my head, "Well, can I make it up to you?"

She blushes a bit, "And how do you prepose you do that?"

I stand up and, because of how close she was standing, We are practically face to face. "I think you know what I mean."

She looks away for a second then up at me. I smile and lean down a bit. She leans up and closes her eyes. Our lips softly meet and she grabs at my waist. Once she has my waist she pulls me a bit closer. Our lips remained locked for about a minute before she pulled back and rested her head on my chest.

"Take it you enjoyed that." I smile.

"Yeah." She says. 'It's just like I always dreamed of.'