Fourteen: Like Father, Like Son

Start from the beginning

There's always a reason why Kousei survived. I know that a divine presence is protecting him.

"Where is it, Seto Hiroko?" his grandfather asked me.

"The musical piece is possibly held by Dr. Toyama. He's with him when Jun attacked Kousei," I answered him while Dr. Jane steps out of Kousei's room.

He sighed deeply and faced me quickly, "He has to give it back to Kousei so he could play it back home. I want him safe in my house, Seto Hiroko. I don't care if Okata Jun is out of sight and cannot be found yet!"

I bowed at him. "I understand, sir."

I sighed deeply. I may have become Arima Saki's friend through him but I must not forget that I am but a mere servant of the Arimas. He placed Kousei in my wings after his parents' death and so, I will do my duty well. If he wants Kousei back, I have no excuse but to give him back to him.

That night, Miyazono Kaori went back to his room. Kousei is still asleep at that time.

"How is he, Seto-san?" she asked me.

"He's getting better, Kaori," I answered her.

She sighed happily. "That is good to know, Seto-san."

"His doctors have told me that he will be discharged soon but he will be living soon in his grandfather's manor. It is also possible that his grandfather would train him in their family business," I informed her.

"Seto-san, are you worried that his grandfather does not approve of me?" she asked me.

I stared at her completely flabbergasted. "He's so strict regarding marriages. He was the one who chose Arima Saki for Takahiko."

"Don't worry, Seto-san. He knows that I am important to Kousei. He approved of me," Kaori answered me.

I took a very deep breath. "I can't believe that man has changed."

"Kousei's sickness and his Takahiko's death could have changed him, Seto-san. He loves him a lot," she said to me.

I nodded. "I guess you are right."

That day as well, when he woke up again, he was checked by his psychologists and psychiatrists to see if he is mentally fit already. It was good that the results became positive enough that he's fine already.

...

Arima Kousei POV:

"You are going to be discharged out of the hospital already. You're mentally and physically fit, now," Dr. Jane told me with my friends, Kaori, Seto Hiroko, and my grandfather.

Also, Dr. Toyama and Dr. Mika went in my room before I leave. They gave me back the musical piece that was the reason why I am in the hospital in the first place. I don't want to be a damsel in distress anymore. I have to fight back and give my father justice.

"Be strong, Arima Kousei," Dr. Toyama told me.

"Thank you, Dr. Toyama." I hugged him happily after I said those words. I am glad that there were a lot of people who helped me out of my depression. I held the musical piece tightly. I will decode the piece correctly. I know that my mother taught me how to play the piano technically and without emotion. I have to go back to that style again.

My friends hugged me as well. Tsubaki spoke up with tears on her eyes, "I am glad to see you fine again, Kousei!"

"Don't let Kaori cry again, Kousei," Watari told me.

I smiled. "Of course, Watari. I won't."

I hugged them tightly. I am glad that I am finally ready to leave the hospital. 

"Thank you for always being with me, Tsubaki, Watari," I told them.

My grandfather fetched me after that. He does have servants who took my things. Seto Hiroko and her husband hugged me as well. Also, I am also happy to see Koharu as an adolescent already. Kaori joined us after that and we walked quickly out of the hospital.

Before I got in my grandfather's silver Lamborghini after we arrived at the parking lot, I told him, "I don't know if I can return back to the society, grandpa. I want to give my father justice first. I want to be like him. I have heard that my father was a Secret Service Agent. Let me be a Secret Service Agent, grandfather."

He was definitely surprised by my desire to be trained to be a Secret Service Agent.

Kaori also seemed shocked. "Kousei."

"Think about it more clearly," my grandfather said to me. "If there is a reason for you to become one, I have no right to stop you. We're definitely connected with the Japanese Royalties but even so, I do not want you risking your life just to avenge your father if the police and other secret service agents can do it."

Kaori hugged me tightly after he answered me. She held me tightly. "Should you really be a Secret Agent?"

I kissed her forehead, "I can't go back to what I was before. I am not fifteen anymore. I lost so much time because of the man who killed my father. I have recovered a lot of my memories when I was depressed, already. Because of Okata Jun, I lost five years of my life. I was dead for five years."

She hugged me more inside the car after we hopped in. "Forgive me, Kaori."

...

A/n: Sorry for being away for so long!