4

"And that's it for today," Professor Park announces, eliciting sighs of relief from almost everyone in the lecture hall

Today, their class was conducted in the massive auditorium exclusively reserved for the Criminology department whenever Professor Park is inclined towards a power point-oriented teaching session. The lecture theatre encompasses an oblique seating area with padded seats, so comfortable that Miran can see some students slouched in a deep slumber which their professor rouses them from by tapping the microphone against the podium.

Clad in his usual striped shirt and pants, Hyung Sik stands atop the dais at the base of the room, wearing an amused expression as some students guiltily blink the haziness from their eyes. But Miran cannot blame them.

The slides they have been exposed to minutes ago were extremely graphic in nature; crime scenes where forensics play a dominant role. And there are always the few odd students who cannot digest such content and they drift away, their minds shutting out the horror unfurling through a projector. Unfortunately for them, Forensics is a compulsory subunit of Criminology and they cannot avoid the class even if they want to.

Namjoon and Jungkook flank Miran, and the former leans sideways. "I can't understand why people space out during this class. I think it's the best in the semester," he states avidly, a baffled expression on his face. His silver hair is slicked neatly to the side, and the rimmed spectacles perched on his nose accentuate the shape of his eyes.

"Maybe it's because the excessive blood and gore is too much for a 9 AM lecture," Miran replies, rearranging her fringes and gathering her books to stuff them into her rucksack. Her shirt clings to her frame damply owing to the October heat even the air conditioners cannot abate. But before they can rise to leave, a voice sounds from the row behind them.

"Or because they're too afraid to face the insanity humans are really capable of."

Yoongi is leaning forward in his seat, his chin hovering just a few inches above Miran's head. His brown hair is concealed by a black beanie and a striped button-down is tucked into his pants. She jerks back in surprise, and Jungkook frowns.

"Excuse me, but are you talking to us?" Jungkook has never heard Min Yoongi utter a single syllable in his presence and to say he is surprised would be an understatement. The lights in the auditorium seem too bright, casting an effervescent glow across their lackadaisical classmate's features.

Yoongi doesn't answer, staring intently at Miran who suddenly finds the wooden slates embedded into the seats very interesting. Namjoon watches them curiously, his observant nature instantly snagging on the awkwardness pulsating in the air between them. Uneasily, she wonders if Inha has told him about their little banter at the café. Since that day, Miran and Yoongi haven't uttered a single word to each other.

She is thankful when Professor Park's voice shelves whatever theory Namjoon is concocting in his head. "Alright, class, I hope you all remember that you have a test exactly two days from now," he informs them cheerfully, blatantly disregarding the groans that reverberate within the hollow oval space.

Intent To Kill (Min Yoongi/ BTS Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara