12

Miran takes Yoongi to Hoseok's apartment despite him protesting against it

Inha has offered to work on their make-up for the Halloween fundraiser which will commence in about three hours' time and she willingly agrees to help Yoongi, too, much to Miran's surprise. Hoseok doesn't mind, either, and enthusiastically invites his roommate to his dwelling, apparently having foregone all his previous apprehensions of Yoongi being a killer. Her other friends, however, are not so convinced.

Neither is Yoongi.

But she manages to lug him along regardless, and when they arrive at Hoseok's penthouse where they are supposed to sport their getups, Yoongi's roommate is brimming with eager smiles as always. "Welcome to my humble abode!" he greets them, and Yoongi refrains from pointing out that there is nothing humble about his abode.

Potted plants and polished marble columns flank the sparkling living room which is twice the size of Yoongi's entire apartment. Instead, he musters a small smile of gratitude before staring at Hoseok's hair in awe. It is sticking out in all directions, the locks streaked with orange. The student is clad in the costume of a skeleton, and Yoongi can easily guess what he is going as.

His own outfit is tucked into the bag he is carrying, and he strings it along as Hoseok ushers them into his spacious dressing parlor which veers off beside his bedroom. As Miran expects, it is in absolute uproar. Racks of clothes are stacked beside each other, the huge walk-in armoires flooded with apparels and clothing of all kinds. In the middle is a large table cluttered with cosmetics and the occasional wigs, stickers and fake weapons haphazardly strewn over it.

Jungkook and Jimin are fixing their clothes, studying themselves in the full-length mirrors positioned on the fringes of the room. And Inha is seated at the glass counter, carefully rubbing a swab of foundation on her boyfriend's face. Judging by the long black cloak that is draped over his shoulders and the fangs Yoongi can see affixed to his teeth, Namjoon is clearly Count Dracula for the night.

Taehyung walks out of the closet, his hair now dyed silver and slicked to the side. He schools his features into a warped smile, eerily reminiscent to that of the Joker's, and a purple coat fits his body snugly as he fixes his tie, scanning his ghostly pale face in the mirror before his eyes land on Miran and Yoongi. "You're here!"

Everyone instantly stops what they are doing and turns towards the newly arrived pair. Miran expects her friends to retort or at the least frown at Yoongi, but to their credit, they take his presence in stride. Jungkook even smiles at him, albeit a little tersely. He is clad in a tattered brown robe with a hood pulled over his head, and Inha has already painted lines of smudged eyeliner under his eyes to complete the Grim Reaper look he is going for. He swings his whip by way of a greeting.

"We were about to ring you. Professor Park just called to inform us that we're supposed to report at the game site in about an hour and a half," Jungkook says, plopping into one of the empty chairs placed around the table. "So you guys better get your asses into your costumes soon."