CAST + PLAYLIST + A/N

cast

valentina cytrynowicz as grace amara bauer

leon goretzka as leon christoph goretzka

playlist

SWEETER THAN FICTION TAYLOR SWIFT
❝all at once, the rest is history❞

VENUS SLEEPING AT LAST
❝you're the universe i'm helpless in❞

MINE TAYLOR SWIFT
❝i was a flight risk with a fear of falling❞

PARIS IN THE RAIN LAUV
❝anywhere with you feels like paris in the rain❞

RONAN TAYLOR SWIFT
❝i can still feel you hold my hand❞

HOME ONE DIRECTION
❝i'll make this feel like home❞

I'D LIE TAYLOR SWIFT
❝he can see through everything but my heart❞

WOODWORK SLEEPING AT LAST
❝we find ourselves when we lose everything❞

SHIRTSLEEVES ED SHEERAN
❝we'll learn to swim in the oceans you made❞

STATE OF GRACE TAYLOR SWIFT
❝this is a state of grace. this is the worthwhile fight❞

author's note + long ass rant about leon and his move to bayern lol

so, i've been wanting to do a leon goretzka fic, that wasn't social media for the longest time. frankly, esme was shit, so i hope this would be less!

with creative license, i'm dramatising his olympics injury by quite a lot. i know he returned to individual training a week after his shoulder injury, and played in schalke's second bundesliga match on the ninth of sebtember, but i'm taking him out until halfway through october, because ya know, i can lol omg. he won't have a shoulder injury, but something a bit more severe.

i was looking for inspiration to set me off writing, and i always turn to songs for this. taylor swift is quite literally the best inspiration for songs because a lot of her underrated songs just get the creative juices flowing!

i'm super excited for this fanfic, despite the fact that i'm still livid at leon for signing with bayern. out of literally every club in europe, he chooses the one where he's guaranteed to have the fans turn their back on him. he's at schalke for 6 more months after the announcement- that's six months worth of booing and jeers and just negativity towards you because you've betrayed the club, and the fans, or at least that's what it feels like when you sign for a team that is in the same league as your current team and a team that is so envied and hated by the fans. it's such a slap in the face when they continually just hoard all the best players of the league and have them mostly just sit on the bench because there's becoming too high an abundance of talent at bayern. there's about 9 midfielders currently at bayern, 5 being world class and the rest still good. i get that ribery and robben are definitely on the wrong side of 30, but still. as a dortmund fan, i feel the envy and kind-of hatred towards bayern too.  do we even have to talk about robert? about mario who rotted? do we have to talk about mats, our captain who broke every fan's heart upon switching? no matter that he was in their youth team, it was dortmund who made him. leon's move feels like a slap in the face because bayern took one of their most loyal players, and schalke ultra, 7 years beforehand. they took schalke's captain, manu and now they're taking arguably, schalke's best player. i don't know- was it for fame? fortune? glory? he wants to win titles? probably. i guess that's understandable but what you don't do is ask for fans to not turn on you. they tell you to take off the schalke jersey, they tell you to piss off, they leave snake emojis on your instagram, they boo your name instead of calling it out when they announce names at the matchs, they call you judas. they do this because they are passionate, and they are loyal. it might be equal parts disappointment and anger. disappointment because they thought that their beloved player would rise higher than that.

i know max is also definitely leaving the club after this season. to be honest, i always saw max and leon leaving schalke the same season. these two are too talented to be playing with schalke; they deserve all the glory. i haven't yet seen the response of schalke fans to max, but i imagine it's much less hostile than the reception for leon. what upsets me is that these two BOTH leave on a free. the schalke fans, and the club have put all their everything in their glittering players to get nothing back from their leave.

i don't know. i might be just dramatic. nonetheless, i love leon and though i hate his move, i will never wish bad fortune on him at bayern. i want him to improve, i want him to be great. what are your opinions on his move? and your opinions of the fans? i don't hate bayern completely; in fact i love and support most of their players because i am a die mannschaft supporter. rant over omg. his move will be part of this book, but since this is set at the start of the 16-17 season, it's still far off.

i hope you enjoy!!! x