Flee

So loud her ears rang. Her heart jumped.

"Sehun, Sehun," she reached out to touch him. A smack later and her hand stung.

Moving away from her, Sehun buried his face into his hands, "Get out. Get away from me. Get out!"

Namjoo stared stricken. "Sehun..."

"I said get out!" He shrieked.

Unable to gather herself Namjoo left the bed naked, snatched her clothes, and hurriedly dressed. On her way out the door she could hear his bellowing cries rocking the entire house.

What had gone wrong?

She called him ten times that morning. Sehun didn't pick up her calls. Leaving early, she waited for him at work. He didn't show up. A day and then another and she still couldn't get a hold of him. The third afternoon she stopped by his house, knocked, and waited. She even sat out front, but by the time it grew dark she left behind a note and drove off.

It was as if Sehun had disappeared off the face of earth.

And then her grandma had another fall.

†††††

The cops were making their round again. Eunhui watched from her window. They had just reached her this morning, a little late to be really honest. Apparently 20 other Eunhuis existed in the area she'd learned, so the cops had a difficult time finding her. Eunhui had nodded her head disinterested in their excuse. If they were paid to serve and protect, they needed to work a hundred times harder.

Kim Donghee had been sighted they told her. They would get him, they promised. Eunhui didn't quite believe them. How could she since they'd treated her stalking like a joke? She was still pissed.

Walking away from the window she settled down on her couch. She was much aware Namjoo's father knew where she lived. Since the cops were close, should she drag him out of hiding? No, with the cops around he'd be even more cautious. Just as he was always careful making sure the entire family was asleep before sneaking into her bedroom.

Squeezing her hand into a fist, Eunhui clenched her teeth. She wouldn't be another victim this time around. Come at me, she wanted to declare.

†††††

"You haven't noticed her drastic weight loss?" The doctor interrogated.

"No, I'm really sorry." Namjoo apologized.

"Your grandma's health is really poor. I'm sorry to say, but the situation doesn't look too good. You're going to have to prepare yourself. Do you have any family you can contact?"

The doctor and nurses had bolted her grandmother's shattered hip together, but the situation was seriously hopeless. Considering her grandmother's old age, she would be bedridden for the rest of her life. Namjoo couldn't feel any more like a failure than she already was.

Too attached to Sehun, her attention constantly elsewhere she had paid less attention to the woman in her life than she'd promised. Now that her grandma was diagnosed with pneumonia nothing looked like it would get better. The infection had spread deep into her lungs. If during the second fever Namjoo had brought her in for a checkup, she could have been saved. Now her blood level lacked the oxygen required for the body to function and it was drastically affecting her immune system.

Namjoo couldn't sit inside. It smelled of death and hopelessness. Tubes spiraled from her grandmother's body like the legs of a long daddy.

She was going to die.

There was no one to go to.

Sitting by herself in the hallway listening to the beeping monitors, Namjoo wished she had the energy to cry.