Chapter 10

Hot Rods p.o.v

Bumblebee was watching something on Ratchet's computer as he laid there on the berth. I was messing with my slow gun. Just tweaking it. That's when a crash was sounded. The lights went out. My guns turned on and so did Ratchets swords. "What was that?" Bumblebee asked and I glared, "dunno buddy. Stay put. Anything happens in here call for us." He nodded curtly.
Arcee, Bulkhead, WheelJack, Crosshairs, and Drift are all still here. The others had something to discuss with Agent Fowler. Agent Fowler wanted to meet somebody from the new group and we sent IronHide and Jazz. We would have to go next time.
"Bulkhead?" Bulkhead had a head wound. "He needs a medic now." Ratchet looked up at me. His blue optics staring at me. "I-I'll keep going. Take care of him." Ratchet sighed, "please be careful." I nodded and kept going a glare forming to let whatever this was know that I was a threat. I heard a clatter then Arcee ran out and ran into me. She put her guns at me. "Sorry!" I shouted and she put her guns down. "Sorry to you too Hot Rod." I looked back at the dark hall, the exit light shining. "What is it?" She looked at me, "you mean he. It's Smokescreen. He got into synthetic energon. He's gone crazy. We need to restrain him. Fast." I went eyes wide. "Synthetic energon? Jazz got into that stuff on accident once. He almost killed Crosshairs." Arcee's optics went wide. "Crosshairs and Drift are still down there. WheelJack is still in the med bay." Arcee states. "Bulkhead just went there. Head injury. Smokescreen must have done it." Arcee nodded. "He needs help. He didn't mean to do this. He was jealous of you." I rose a brow as we walked, guns aimed. "Why would he be jealous of me?" I couldn't possibly think of any logical reason.
     "Racing." I sighed, "scrap." I whispered. "I didn't mean-." Arcee stopped me, "I know. Smokescreen is sensitive. He's just trying to get into the big league and doesn't like getting shown up. He's a speedster and he wants to be the best at it. Wouldn't you?" I nod, "fair enough." That's when we heard a bang. "What the pit has gotten into you kid?" It was Crosshairs and he seemed to have been wrestling. The lights kicked back on, "thank you Ratchet." We ran to Crosshairs' room and sighed in relief. Crosshairs has stasis cuffs on Smokescreen and was sitting atop of him. "The kid done went nutty on Synthetic Energon. Where the scrap did he get it?" Crosshairs wasn't mad but concerned. "Relic department." He made an 'o' face and got off of him and picked him up by the stasis cuffs. "Alright, let's get you to Ratchet so he can get this stuff out of you're system." We stood guard just in case as we walked to the med bay. "Got another seat open for him?" Ratchet nodded sadly as he saw what it was. "Keep him down so I can get as much energon into him." We did just that. The energon was taking over the Synthetic energon and Smokescreen was going back to normal. "I'm sorry." He whispered as he laid there. Crosshairs took off the stasis cuffs and put them on Ratchet's desk. "Smokescreen." I started and he looked at me. "I never wished to make you jealous. I was just surprised I could still go like that." He shook his helm, "I shouldn't have been such a jackaft." He got up and held out his hand. I took it, "Hey, you still hold that record. I'm not a racer pal," I smirked and his face lit up, "eat that Jazz!" Jazz wasn't there at the moment so he was able to not get his act kicked in.

   WheelJacks p.o.v

     I laughed at Smokescreen. Drift walked in and rolled his optics before entering the rec room to meditate. Bulkhead was up with a splitting headache. Mine was gone thank Primus. "Good evening." I said and he grumbled. "Hey Doc, Bulk needs some meds." He glared and grumbled something about Doc and gave Bulkhead some meds. "Thanks Ratchet." He nodded and walked to the main rooms computers. I got up and left the med bay and let Bee get some rest. The others were heading to the top of base. Bulkhead decided to go to his own berthroom to get rest. "How ya doing there Doc?" He shrugged, "checking the others' signals." I nodded, "neat." He didn't look back at me when he asked, "if you are bored you can go see what Bumblebee energon rate is then come back and tell me." I smirked as I walked away, "good idea." I walked into the med bay too see Bee looking at many different screen and tools. He was so curious about things. "Hey." He snapped his helm towards me then whirled a hello. "How you holding up?" He shrugged, "fine. I just wanna get outta here. I need to get to my human form and practice on some basketball with Jack again." I laughed, "they are all still at school kid." He looked droopy at that, "when they get back?" I shrugged, "depends on what the Dic says about your energon rate." He nods. I check it and let Ratchet know.
     "He's free to go," He sighs. I walk back in the med bay happy for Bee. "Well, I've got news for ya kid." Bee's attenaes perk up as he looks at me desperately. "You are free." He jumps up and whistles. "Take it easy there champ." He walks out and I follow. "Kids are about to be done with school. The others are hangin out atop base. You wanna get them with me?" He nods. I tell Ratchet where we are headed and he murmurs and alright before outing his full focus back on the screens.
     "So, care if I join basketball?" Bee chirps, "I don't mind." I smile while I'm car form, "great." We both get to the school house when we see Miko, Jack, and Raf waiting for us. "Hey guys!" Miko squealed running down the steps. She ran into the passenger side of my form. "Jack and Raf goin with Bee?" I ask. She looks in the rear view mirror and nods, "yep." I press on the gas and we leave. "So, anything exciting happen?" She shook her head, "It's school. Nothing is exciting." I chuckle a bit, "fair point. I didn't like going there myself." She perked up, "you guys had school?" I chuckled again, "heck ya. It was boring and we only went for one orn." She nods, "lucky." I snorted, "I guess." She sighs, "anything exciting about base?" Now, I have to tell her. "Bulk got hurt." Her face instantly drops. "What?" I sigh, "Smokescreen got into Synthetic Energon and went coocoo as you would put it." She glares, "He needs to get his helm from his aft." I chuckle, "watch your language young lady."

   Bumblebee's p.o.v

     "Wanna play basketball when we get back?" Jack asks and I smile in my car form, "exactly what I was thinking for the day." Raf jumps in his seat belt excitedly, "can I keep score?" We both nod as he shouts a yes.

     Here we are atop of base. We were both dressed. I had Hot Rod on my team. Jack and WheelJack were on a team. I dribbled the ball down the court and passed the ball to Hot Rod who went in for a layup and made it. We were now on defense. I got on Jack who took the hall down as Hot Rod got WheelJack.

     It was an hour of playing when we saw the sun going down and we were getting wore out. "Alright, time for kids to go home." Arcee said whilst yawning. "Optimus and the others should be back very soon." Hot Rod smiled. "Bee, you taking Raf and Miko home?" Arcee Asked. I nodded, "of course." We got back Dow into base then went to bit form then car. "Let's head home guys." We did just that.

     Optimus and IronHide talked to Ratchet about Agent Fowler's meeting. They said it went great and that the town had been very quiet lately. Keeping the peace so far was a lot better than before thanks to new Autobots. I was very pleased myself. I just hope it would end completely.