Chapter 7

Ratchet's p.o.v

     The next day Hot Rod was awake and moving without any help. WheelJack was sparring with Drift. Bulkhead and Crosshairs were throwing the lob ball around. Smokescreen was watching Saturday morning cartoons with Bumblebee and the kids. Arcee, Optimus, and IronHide were talking. Jazz was playing music as he watched the wreckers play lob ball. I was fixing up my med bay that I longed for when human. Six months really went by slowly. Then, there was that thing I hoped would never come. A call from Megatron. "Optimus!" I called out and transferred the call to the big screen. "Hello Autobots, miss me?" Everyone has made it to the room. We gasped, Megatron, he was a Cybertronian. "How is that possible?" I glared. Megatron held up his wrist. "Thank you Doctor." I growled and picked up a wrench ready to chuck it at the screen. A servo landed on my shoulder plating. I turned to see Drift. His blue armour shining in the light, "violence is not the answer." I grumbled and let go of the wrench. "How sweet. Now, I called for a deal Prime." Optimus showed he was listening with a sharp glare, "I've noticed you've had more recruits to your team. I was wondering if you could give up two of them." Optimus growled, "How could you be so foolish? I would never give up my team to the hands of you." Megatron only grinned more, the pointy teeth glowing. "Maybe because I have something you desire. Something you've been given to protect." He held up Jack and Miko. Miko was kicking around as Jack held a scarred face. "Let me go Megadork!" Megatron growled, "I will give you some time to think it over Prime. You have five human hours. Make it quick, the clock is ticking." He showed us a timer. Then, I saw a glint of something. Megatron handy noticed though, a pair of red glasses were behind the big screen of the time. Brown eyes shining from behind the glasses. "Rafael." I whispered not audible for Megatron to hear. The screen went dark. "I will personally rip him limb form limb!" Bulkhead smashed a tool of mine, "I needed that!" I shouted. Bulkhead glared back. "Megatron is terrible!" Arcee roared. "Rafael is there. He's hiding." I announced. Bumblebee had full attention trained on me. "He is quite alright. He's just shaken up. He's behind the screened timer. He's probably planning to hack the system to send coordinates." IronHide stepped in, "we cannot wait until the last minute though. That could put the kids in harms way." Optimus sighed, "we shall not wait long then. We will give Rafael three hours . If not, we call back Megatron and give up two bots. Those being Jazz and Smokescreen, can you two handle it?" Smokescreen answers, "yes sir." Jazz merely nodded. "Thank you. We will plan an attack before they can make a move. He may be evil but I will tell you he is fair. He will make us give up our side of the deal before he does his. You two must be prepared for whatever happens. Bumblebee and Hot Rod will scout the sidelines. Ratchet, you will wait here. IronHide, Crosshairs, WheelJack, Bulkhead, and Arcee will seal our side of the deal by being there as the main picture. I may not be fair but a sacrifice is being made and that shall not happen." Smokescreen cleared his vocal cords, "sir, no one here blames you for being unfair on this deal." Optimus smiled, "and I thank you all for that."

Here we were. We decided to meet in the woods. Away from humans and enough room away from each other for a deal. "Two precious humans for two Autobots." Megatron grinned widely. "Just know Megatron, this will not be a stone unturned." Optimus had a glare to keep his play on. "Give us the mechs first." Breakdown smiled smashing his fists together. Bulkheads glare intensed. "We also found a little something else, my liege." Starscream smirked and showed Raf off. Optimus' optics went wide. "Make that three mechs."
     "Crosshairs." Crosshairs stepped forward a scowl etched on his faceplates. "Deal," he muttered bitterly.

   Bulkheads p.o.v

     "Be ready." I whispered into the com link I shared with both Hot Rod and Bumblebee. "Come forward Smokescreen." He had a deep glare on his faceplates. Arcee was watching as Soundwave brought Jack forward. "Jazz." Ratchet watched as Starscream brought forward Raf. Then, "Crosshairs." Megatron ended with a smile. I let Breakdown come to me and set Miko at my peds like the others. When he was further away I grabbed Miko. The ground bridge opened thanks to Agent Fowler and June at base. "Leave." Optimus announced. Arcee, Ratchet, and I left.

   IronHides p.o.v

     "Goodbye Prime, I will leave you to dwell on the price you've given for those puny humans." Megatron seethed as he walked away. Breakdown had Crosshairs while Starscream had Jazz and Soundwave had Smokescreen. "Now!" I shouted. Shots came from two different sides of trees. "AMBUSH!" Knockout screamed. "Don't let free of our prisoners!" Megatrons voice roared causing birds to flee from the trees. I decked a vehicon in the face. A shot fired from Bumblebee hit right at Breakdowns wrist at the bracelet fell to the ground with electricity shooting at every direction. Breakdown growled and looked at Bumblebee, Breakdown was human again. The blast sent him to human form before it broke. Crosshairs smirked while pulling down his goggles and getting out his twin guns and shooting at the cons. Jazz and Smokescreen were let go in the process. "Lets go!" I shouted and we all took off to the ground bridge, Optimus and I being last. We made it through and the bridge turned off. "Everyone in one piece?" We all nodded except for Crosshairs. He was favoriting his right arm. "Guess I got a bit to cocky." I rolled my optics. "Let's take a look." Ratchet grumbled. "Thank you." June said to Crosshairs and he nodded, "of course little lady."