Twenty

Lilith sat close to Keith and held onto Ashes hand. She was scared because of how many people were surrounding her. Her little brother was sleeping which was good and her father was rubbing her mothers back. A man with fluffy ears and purple skin had came in a big ship with a bunch of other people like Lilith, her brother and Keith. He was talking to Keith and Lance. Lilith looked up at the stranger, her ears twitching.

"We found a large stash of quintessence underneath the surface." His voice was deep. "It's not safe for Keith and the cubs to stay here anymore." Lance and Keith looked at each other with a worried look. "We'll extract the quintessence as soon as possible."

"Thank you so much, Kolivan." Allura said. He gave a light nod and started to make his way to his ship. Allura turned to Keith and Lance. "I think it's best that we cut our vacation short for now."

"Allura's right. It's not good to stay here. Who knows what else might happen." Lilith looked up at Keith to see him nod. He picked up Ash and motioned for Lilith to follow.

A few days had passed. Lilith was playing tag with Matt. She giggled and screeched as Matt came around the corner and surprised her. He lifted her up upside down and tickled her. Ash was sitting on a blanket next to where Lance was sitting. Teething toys and a little bowl of space Cheerios was next to Ash on the blanket. He tried reaching for the bowl, but plopped down on his face. He whimpered, wiping his face and shaking his head. Little fluffy ears popped up.

"Ash!" Lance picked him up and wiped away the Cheerios stuck to his face. "You alright, little man?" Ash looked up at Lance and tried wrapping his hands around him. "I know." Lance patted his back. "It's okay. Hey, how about we make breakfast together for mommy?" Lilith overheard and ran over to Lance.

"I wanna help too!" Lance laughed and held her hand.

"Alright. We all could!" Lilith gave a big smile. Her two front teeth missing.

Lilith looked around the kitchen for eggs. She even looked in cupboards. Lance chuckled.

"Princesa, eggs don't go there." She looked up at him.

"Oh?" She watched Lance fix Ash on his hip and bend over to look in the fridge for eggs. They were hidden behind some bottles.

"There they are." He set them on the counter before setting Ash in his high chair. "Now, lets get a pan out." He smiled. Lilith ran over and went through all the pans in the cabinet. Lance stood above her, looking through. He took out the right one and set it in the sink. Lilith watched Lance wash the pan, dry it and place it on the stove. Ash started to pound his small fist and kick his feet.

"Dada!" Lance just finished cracking open the last egg and quickly washed his hands and went over to Ash.

"What's wrong bubba? You hungry?" Ash put one of his fist in his mouth. "I'm almost done with mommy's, Alright? Lilith, take your brother and play." Lilith was on the floor, playing with one of the cabinets knobs.

"Okay~" Lance put Ash down, so Lilith could take his hand.

"Be gentle with him. He's still not good at walking yet." Lilith nodded and guided Ash into the front room. Lance went back to his cooking. He put seasoning on the eggs, flipping them over and letting the other side cook. Then he put hash browns in the oven. Lance wiped his forehead with a cloth and glanced over at Lilith and Ash sitting on the floor, playing. Lilith was trying to do his hair in two little ponytails. He chuckled. Even though they really aren't his biological kids, he still loved them like they were.

A few minutes later the food was done. Lance made Keith a plate. Hash browns, omelette, bacon and on the side orange juice.

"Let's give mommy his breakfast." Lilith looked up from the number book she was looking at. Lance took the plate and mug and motioned for the two to follow. Lilith helped Ash up on his little feet.

Keith was lying in bed, looking at a book. He didn't notice Lance, Lilith and Ash until Lilith jump up onto the bed. He smiled, setting the book aside and wrapping Lilith in his arms. Ash was trying to climb up. His feet dangling off the edge. Lance helped him up by using his knee.

"Morning, beautiful." Lance kissed Keith on the forehead and set the plate on his lap.

"Oh, breakfast in bed?" Keith Asked with a smile. Ash laid on Keith's legs and Lilith at his side. Lance sat next to him, putting Lilith on his lap.

"Well, it's almost Easter." Lance watched Keith take a few bites. "I thought I'll make you something special. Oh, and the kids helped." Lilith smiled real wide.

"Is that so?" Keith snuggled both of his kids close. "You guys make wonderful food!" Ash and Lilith screeched in excitement as Lance came in the pile and started kissing all of them all over.

"Mi amor y mis dos pequenos.!" Lance hugged them tight. Keith playfully pushed Lance away.

"Alright, alright!" Keith laughed. "Kids, how about you go play more with Uncle Matt? Daddy and I have something to talk about." Lance looked at him questionably.

"You heard mama. Go play." Lance set Ash down on his two little feet and Lilith took him out. "So, what is it?" Keith sighed. His cheeks flushing red.

"I-I was thinking about us." He stuttered out of nervousness.

"Yeah?" Lance looked at him in the eyes.

"I know we've been through so much. You know, with Lotor and the kids. You take care of Lilith and Ash and treat them like they are your own, Lance." Keith had started to tear up. Lance held him close. "It just seems unfair to me that you're caring for someone else's babies. Especially Lotor's."

"No, it's really alright. They're also your children, Keith." Lance put in.

"Just hear me out." Keith sighed. "I've been wanting to have a baby with you." Lance's eyes widened. "I just really think it's unfair that you don't have kids with the one you love." Lance held him tighter.

"I do want to have a kid. I've been dreaming of that since I was young. If you want one with me, then I'll be glad to give one to you." Lance smiled down at him. He wiped away the little tears from his cheeks.

"Thank you, Lance. I love you."

"No, thank you for being in my life." He rested his head on Keith's head. "Mi amor.."