Seventeen

Lance skidded onto the ground, but caught himself and went right back over to Lotor. The two clashed swords, sparks flying in the air.

"Hunk, Pidge, go find Keith. I'll take Shiro into my lion." Allura looked down at Shiro. His breathing was soft and his chest was barely rising. She knew he didn't have much time. "Oh, Shiro." Tears streamed down her face. She picked him up and made her way to her lion. "Coran, is backup here?" She spoke over her speaker in her helmet.

"Yes, you should be seeing them now." Just then a ship loomed overhead and Kolivan came down on a rope. He landed in front of Allura. He saw Shiro in her arms.

"We'll make sure you get out safely. My crew is already putting down bombs as we speak." Allura nodded, her long hair swaying behind her.

"Thank you so much, Kolivan." He nodded back and started to call out orders.

~
Bombs went off everywhere and it caused Lance and Lotor to stumble a bit, but the two kept going at it.

"You really are quite strong." He blocked every hit Lance made. "You must love Keith that much. Too bad he's going to die after giving birth. He's such a beautiful creature." Lance's eyes widened. He felt his heart sink.

"What have you done?! You monster!" He ran towards Lotor, hitting him with everything he got. Nothing would bring him down.

"Do you really think a little human like you could bring me down?" He laughed. "You're weak and pathetic. No wonder everyone hates you. They all think you're stupid." Lance froze, looking down at his hands. He was shaking and couldn't help the tears from falling. "Give up, paladin. You have nothing to live for." Lotor came closer with his sword ready.

"He's right. I don't do anything right. I'm useless and an idiot. I'm just the seventh wheel." Lance fell to his knees and held his head. "Keith..I-I'm sorry."

"Lance! Don't think like that!" A voice came in through the speaker in his helmet. It was Pidge. "We all need you! Keith needs you the most!" She sighed. "Look, he's dying. If you don't beat Lotor, he'll die!" Lance looked up at Lotor who was about ready to slice his head off.

"Keith..." His eyes narrowed. He picked up his bayard and swung at Lotor. He fell back, a gash going across his chin. "You fucking purple bitch!" He lunged forward, not giving Lotor any time to get back up. He pinned him down and started to stab Lotor repeatedly. "Die! Die! Die! Die!!"

Lance dropped his bayard to the side and lowered his head. Blood covered his helmet and armor. He held his head and started to tear up again. "FUCK!!"

~
"Keith, Lance is coming. Just hold on for a little longer." Hunk and Pidge we're trying to reassure Keith, but he managed to get out of bed and rip off the IV and all the other monitors he was attached to even though he was pretty weak.

"I need to make sure he's okay." He held onto the wall and held the bottom of his swollen belly. Hunk made sure he didn't fall and held onto him.

"It's alright, Keith. You need to take it easy." Pidge helped Hunk keep Keith from working himself up. He could go into labor at any moment. And with all that was going on, it'll make Keith stress a lot. He was already ill and weak.

"Keith!" Lance came barging into the room. Keith's eyes widened and pulled himself away from Pidge and Hunk and went straight into Lance's arms. Lance smiled, rubbing his longer hair back. Keith was crying hard and wouldn't let go of him.

"I-I missed you!" He choked on tears. Lance comforted him.

"It's okay. You're safe." Lance looked over at Hunk and Pidge. "Let's get him into the lion." They nodded and helped Lance carry Keith out.

~
Meanwhile, Allura got Shiro up into her lion and laid him gently in the back. He finally opened his eyes and looked over at her.

"Allura.." He coughed, causing pain to erupt in his chest. She walked over and held his hand.

"Try not to speak, okay? It looks like you might of broken a rib or two." He looked up at the ceiling of the blue lion with no expression. His face was becoming really pale. Allura looked down to see blood gushing from a wound in his abdomen. "Oh no." She panicked a bit. "Put pressure on it." She laid Shiro's remaining hand over the wound. He held onto it, but the blood kept gushing out. Allura quickly started the lion and made her way out of the giant galra ship. "Guys, I'm taking Shiro back to the castle. He's bleeding to death and needs immediate medical attention." Lance's voice came through quickly.

"We do too!" His voice sounded panicked. The speaker crackled. "Keith's gone into labor!" Allura eyes widened.

"Hurry! Get him to one of your lions. I'll have Coran set up a bed for him!" She replied. Lance held onto Keith who was gripping at his stomach. Tears in his eyes.

"Ah, make it stop!" He stopped suddenly, wanting to sink to the floor. Lance held him up.

"I know, Keith. But we have to make it out." Keith was beginning to sweat.

"I-I can't move.." He cried. Lance picked him and carried him the rest of the way.

Hunk got into his lion and Pidge did as well. Lance was getting Keith into his lion, when someone shot at him. It nearly hit him. Lotor stood feet away. Blood dripping from his mouth and stab wounds on his chest. He looked like he was about to fall over.

"You're not getting away that easily." He chuckled and coughed up blood. He shot at Lance again and started to make a dash for them. Lance quickly got into the lion and started it up.

"Hold on, Keith." He grabbed the handles and started up. Lotor stood there. He had dropped his weapon and fell on his knees.

"I'll get him back! You'll all see! I'll get the child too and kill you all!"