Chapter 27

Boomer ran forward from the shadows, slamming his bat in the air. The force sent Brick flying into the wall, the hard material cracking from the force. 

"FUCK!" Brick groaned loudly, his body sliding down to the ground. Butch pulled out his flute when he saw his brother trying to get up again. He quickly played the flute, making Brick cover his ears from the horrible sound. Boomer put on his earmuffs, made by Ken especially for the sound, and walked over to Brick, picking him up and carrying him out of the building. 

But Brick was not as out of it as it had seemed, and was trying to fight back, despite being in pain. He lashed out, grabbing his sword and knocking Boomer in the back of his head. In clear pain, Boomer dropped his brother, giving Brick the chance to roll out of the way of Butch and his flute. 

"Why are you doing this?!" Brick screamed, the flute still playing in the background. His sword was up and ready, pointed at his brothers. Boomer held his head with one hand, the bat clutched tight in the other. "We just want you to stop. We want our brother back." 

Brick snorted, his sword pointed right at the heart of the blue Ruff. "You have your brother. I'm still the same Brick that you know. I'm just more powerful. I can do the things we were made for." Boomer looked helplessly over to Butch, who hadn't stopped playing. "But Brick, this is not you." He tried again, his eyes brimming with tears. "Butch and I became better. We don't want to be bad anymore. Why can't you see that? We can have a normal life now." 

Brick growled. "You don't know what you want! Those damn Puff's messed with you both. If you can't be with me, then you are against me. And nothing will stand in my way. Now MOVE!!" And with that, he kicked Butch in the side, making him drop the flute and stop the music, before diving right for Boomer. 

While Boomer and Butch fought against their brother, Kaoru and Miyako were busy in the van trying to help Momoko with her injuries. Boomer broght her over when Butch met up with Brick, and she did not look good. 

"Oh God! Proffesor!" Miyako said, her voice breaking andeyes rimmed with tears. She had taken of Momoko's top to get a better look at her injuries. It did not look good. "Proffesor. We have to help her." Kaoru were trying to stop a bleeding wound on the head while Miyako looked for bandages. 

The proffesor looked back to the girls, his hands on the wheel as they drove to the lab. "I can't do much for her here. We need to get her to the lab so I can scan her and see how bad the injuries are. Just keep her awake and stop the blood. Make sure she's breathing." 

Miyako tried her hardest, but her cheeks became wet with salty tears. Kaoru looked away from the blue Puff, trying to be strong. Their leader were lying almost still on the make-shift bed, her breathing slow. Her body cut up in places and face pale from the loss of blood. They had no idea if she would be okay, or if she would make it.

Ken looked between the girls and his dad. "Dad, we can't to  much for her. If we want to heal her we need Z-ray. And the only thing that we can get right now is the girl's belts. Pucchi can't do any good right now, and Momoko need something powerful." The proffesor bit his lip, a wrinkle forming between his eyebrows. "I know Ken. But we have to do what we can for now and hope for the best." 

They drove along the river where they picket up Bubbles so long ago, when they were stopped by the ruffs falling from the sky. The proffesor slammed down on the breaks, nearly hitting the two boys. 

Brick had landed on top of Butch, his sword pressed against the green Ruff's throath. Boomer landed not to far away, his face in a tight mask as he held one of his arms, a large gash dripping blood. 

"Brick!" Boomer screamed, running over to his brothers and pushing him off Butch. Butch gulped in air and fell over to the side couching. Brick only snarled and swung his sword, narrowly missing Boomer's head. 

Miyako and Kaoru got out of the van, knowing there had to be something they could do. The Proffesor and Ken watched from the inside, Ken watching over Momoko. 

"Boomer!" Miyako said after watching nearly loose his head. "Be careful!" Kaoru rolled her eyes beside her. "Really? I don't think that is going to help them." 

Brick stopped his mindless swinging and focused his blade and mind on the girls. Boomer saw where his eyes were and yelled out in rage. "OH NO YOU DON'T!" He helped Butch up form the ground before jumping onto Brick from behind. Brick started trashing. "Get off!! They are the reason you guys won't join me. If I can get them out of the way, then you won't have any reason to not go with me." 

Butch was still a bit out of it, but he registered the words. He knew Brick would kill Kaoru and Miyako if they didn't stop him. But there was not much they could do to stop him. 

"Kaoru, Miyako! RUN!!" He screamed, a large pain erupting in his shoulder as Brick knocked him down. "Stay down brother." He said in a low voice. "You won't be able to save them." 

Boomer tried getting a swing at Brick, but the red Ruff stopped the attack with his own. Boomer fell on his back, his bat thrown in the river. He moved his eyes to the girls, his face showing of mallus, pain, craziness and loneliness. He looked sadistic. 

Miyako gasped, seeing the two other boys down for the count. Her baby blue eyes poured out tear after tear, her breathing coming in short gulps. Kaoru pushed her behind herself, trying to shield her from Brick. Brick twirled his sword, waking slowly towards them. 

"Now." He said. "Let's get rid of you. I was planning on keeping you both alive for my brothers. But since they turned on me I have no reason to. Say goodbye Power Puff's." He rose his sword, ready to kill them, when a figure flung herself infront. 

"NO!" She shouted, her red hair flowing  out behind her. Brick had no more control of his blade, and it swung down right at the figure. 

"MOMOKO!!"