Chapter 14

"So there you have it guys. That's the 'big' reason of why I need to find Blossom and talk to her. Alone." Brick sighed and rubbed his eyes, his brothers looking a bit guilty. "Sorry Brick. And not just for asking you about this." Butch said. "But also because we were both sick at that time and couldn't help you out." 

Brick shrugged. "Don't worry about it. After Blossom tied the bow around my arm I fell asleep. Once I woke up she was gone, and by my feet were the bag, filled with medicine, some food, and money enough to buy either more medicine or food." Miyako and Kaoru looked over at Momoko. Momoko shrugged. Boomer moved over to hug his brother, and Brick rolled his eyes. "Why are you hugging me Boom? This all happened in the past." Boomer sniffed and hugged his brother tighter. 

"I know. But you could have said something you know." Butch sighed. "Yeah. Or at least told us." Brick hummed. "Sure." Kaoru coughed. "So, you have a crush on Blossom the power puff girl?" She asked. Brick blushed bright red. "N-no. I just have to thank her for saving me and helping me. That's all. Where did you get the crush from?" Miyako giggled. "Because silly. It's clear that you have a crush on her. Even Kao could see it, and she never notices those things."

Boomer gasped and pulled away from his brother. "Do you really like Blossom like that Brick?" Brick groaned. "No idiot. I don't like Blossom like that. And even if there was a small change that any of us were to fall in love with our counterparts, it's gonna be you for sure." Butch nodded and slung a hand around Kaoru's shoulder. "Same here. It's gonna be you and Bubbles if anyone were to get together dude. Even if you do have a crush on sweet, kind Miyako here." 

"BUTCH!!" Boomer screamed and blushed all the way to his ears. Miyako smiled a shy smile. "Why did you do that to me?" Butch and Brick smirked. "Come on guys." Brick said and got up. "It's getting late. We should get back before it get's dark." Momoko nodded. 

"He's right guys. We should all get home. See you guys tomorrow." She waved at the boys before dragging Miyako and Kaoru with her. Kaoru whispered to Momoko as their back's turned to the rowdies. "Why did you do that? Help Brick I mean." Momoko huffed and shushed her. "Not here. They could hear you. Let's go to my house."

The girls got to Momoko's house and went up to her room. "Well?" Miyako asked as she sat down on the bed. "Tell us. Is all that Brick said true?" Kaoru sighed as she relaxed into Momoko's pink bean bag. "Why wouldn't it be? Momoko can't resist helping people, and you saw the ribbon. It's the exact same as the one Momoko always wears."

Said girl smiled weakly as she dumped her butt on her chair. "I did help Brick. He needed it. But I didn't think he would think that much of it. It was just some water and food. Nothing more." Miyako giggled. "Not to Brick. To him, you saved his life, even though you are enemies. Maybe he really does have feelings for you?" 

"No Miyako. He had the truth serum in him, remember? If he really had a crush on Blossom he wouldn't have denied Boomer and Butch like that." Kaoru pointed out. Miyako waved her off. "That doesn't matter. He might have a subconscious feeling for you, and he just doesn't know it." Momoko sighed and spun around in her chair. "I can't believe you are really talking about this. Even if Brick likes me deep inside, he would never act on those emotions, and I would never return them." Miyako sulked. "I guess you're right. He would never open up long enough for us to make a plan of action." 

Kaoru yawned. "Well, we can talk more about this tomorrow. I'm heading home. Cool if I go out the window? I don't feel like walking home." Momoko nodded and opened the window. Kaoru struggled to get up from the bean bag while trying to get her compact out of her belt. "Are you going to walk home Miyako?" Miyako nodded and got up from the bed. "I think I will walk home. It is a nice night." Kaoru hummed. "Suite yourself. See you tomorrow guys. POWERED BUTTERCUP!" 

A green flash shined as Buttercup jumped out the open window. She grinned towards her friends before shooting off into the night. 

In a different part of the town, the three brothers were making their way back to their 'home.' "Brick?" Butch asked as they turned to take a shortcut behind a store, Boomer running in front of them chasing a rat. "Are you sure you don't have any feelings for Blossom?" Brick stopped and sighed. "I'm sure Butch. And even if I actually did, which I don't, she would never actually like me back. Were bad guys remember?" 

Boomer looked back t his brothers for a few seconds before returning to the rat. "You are a bad guy Brick. Butch and I decided to be good. You should too. Then your crush on Blossom wouldn't be so bad after all." 

Brick growled as he watched his youngest brother grab hold of the rat. "I DON'T have a crush on Blossom." Butch rolled his eyes. "You don't have to lie to us you know. Just tell us you have a crush on Blossom and we can all live on with our lives." Boomer nodded and threw the rat up in the air. "It's no shame in it Brick." Brick huffed and opened hs mouth. Probably to say something back to his brothers, but was cut short by a yell from the sky. 

"THE HECK IS A RAT DOING UP HERE??!!" Came the angry shout as a lime green stripe shot above them. Boomer gulped. "I think I just angered Buttercup." Butch snickered. "You sure did Bro. Let's hope she didn't see you. Cuz if she did, you are sure to die. You will have nightmares of her attack long after she's done with you." Butch said, scaring his younger brother with a sickening grin. Brick rolled his eyes. "Come on guys. We don't have time for a stupid girl now. I wanna go home and sleep." He yawned and started walking. Butch followed. None of them though of looking back on their brother, who was being dragged back into the shadows slowly, his quiet whimpers bringing a grin onto the face of his green dressed attacker.