Chapter 18

Brick was walking down the corridor to his class after lunch when he heard some voices from an empty classroom. He heard at least three voices, and one of them sounded slightly scared. Brick had nothing better to do, (Not like he was supposed to have a math test.) so he snuck closer to the door and looked inside. 

A nerd with red hair and glasses was being held up by the collar of his lab coat by two older guys. One of the spoke. "Will you keep your end of the deal? Don't forget, we were the one who gave you the money to start your research." The other big guy nodded. "Yeah. You have used it all up, and now we want out part of the deal. If not, we will just have to find another way to make you pay us back." 

The nerd nodded rapidly. "Y-yes. Of course. You guys needed a girl right? Well, the leader of the cheerleaders, Momoko, is the perfect one. She's smart, good looking, funny, and ...." The one holding him slammed him harder into the wall. "We don't care if she's nice or funny or smart or whatever. We want a girl with a nice body, so we can use her. A girl that can take a few of us and still be awake afterward." 

 The nerd swallowed. "Yes. She is an amazing athlete, so she's got good stamina, and some of the boys say she's got nice curves." 

Brick thought about it. Momoko did have a rather nice body. He then shivered. 

'Stop thinking like that. You're turning into Butch. Focus Brick!'  

The two guys looked at each other. "Bring the girl to this classroom Friday. Nobody will be here because of the dance. I hope for your sake that it's true. about her body. If not, we will be back." And with that, they dropped him and moved for the door. 

'Shit!' Brick thought and ran down the corridor. He jumped behind a dumpster right as the two guys exited the room. A few minutes later the nerd emerged, fixing his glasses and lad coat as he went, before walking the opposite way. Brick got up from behind the dumpster and sighed. 

'Well. What do I do with this information?'

----- FLASHBACK OVER ------

Brick looked at his brothers. "But Brick," Boomer said. "You have to tell the girls. Momoko is in danger. Why didn't you tell us this sooner?" Brick shrugged. "I guess if I let her be taken, then she would have to transform into Blossom to save herself." 

Butch face palmed, with made the girls look behind them. Boomer waved them off. "Brick," Butch said. "Can you for one second forget the puffs and think? Momoko is not Blossom, and you should have told us at least. We could have helped." Brick rubbed his neck. "I'm sorry. Go tell the girls then." Boomer smiled at his brother and walked over to the girls. 

"Girls. Could we talk to you for a second?" The girls stopped and turned, facing the boys. "Yes, Boomer?" Brick's brothers turned to him, expecting him to speak up. The red ruff crossed his arms and looked away. 

"I heard yesterday that the nerd," 

"Dexter." Momoko cut in, offended that Brick didn't use his name. 

"Whatever. I heard that he had borrowed some money from some people and that he couldn't pay them back. So he had to bring the best looking girl to them on Friday. They are probably going to rape her. And 'Dexter' said you were perfect for that." 

Butch nodded. "So you can't go with him to the dance. Sorry, but your date is just asking you so you will trust him enough to go with him." 

Momoko crossed her arms. "Really? And why should I listen to you? Dexter is a sweet, kind guy who cares for me. Nothing you say will keep me from going with him tomorrow. Why can't you be happy for me? I really like him, and he obviously likes me." Brick sighed. "Okay. We tried. See you tomorrow guys. I'm out of here." Momoko huffed and ran off in one direction just as Brick walked away in the other. 

Miyako looked at Boomer. "Is it really true? Is Dexter just using her?" Boomer and Butch nodded. "I'm afraid so Miya." Boomer said. "Brick would never lie about that kind of stuff. And he cares about Momoko. He just doesn't know it." The girls nodded and waved goodbye to the boys before following after Momoko. 

Boomer and Butch caught up to Brick, who was currently walking back to their house. "Brick, wait up." Boomer said, trying to make his brother stop. "Why should I?" Butch rolled his eyes. "Because. Boomer can't keep up with us, and we need to talk. Like why you hate Momoko so much, and why it seemed like you had no reason to help her at all. And don't start with the 'she's a power puff' stuff, okay? She is not Blossom." 

Brick huffed and kicked down the door to their home. "I just don't see the reason to try and convince her. She doesn't believe that we are telling the truth, and she clearly likes this nerd, so let her get raped for all I care." He shouted, jumping in his bed and burying his face in his pillow. Boomer sulked and walked to his own bed. "Okay Brick. Sorry for asking you. Good night." Butch nodded. "Yeah, bro. Night." 

Brick's whole body lay stiff as he heard his brothers go to sleep. Once he was sure they were both asleep he got up and walked out the door. He made his way to the woods, where he sat down at the tree and pulled out the ribbon. He looked at it and repeated over and over under his breath. 'I don't like her. She's my enemy. I don't like her. She's my enemy. I will show them. She's my enemy.'