Chapter 20

Boomer looked around for his brother and saw him exiting the gym. He then saw Butch and Kaoru walk over to them. Miyako smiled at Kaoru, but her smile faded once she saw the look in Kaoru's eyes. "I think someone is watching us." 

Boomer looked around. "Idiot," Butch said and smacked his brother in the back of his head. "Don't look for them! Then they will know that we know they are here." The blond male rubbed his head and pouted. "But I wanted to see who you think are watching us." 

While the two brothers fought about who was dumber, the two heroes searched for their third part. "Did you see where Momoko went?" Miyako asked, stretching her neck to look around. Kaoru didn't answer as she spotted four men advancing in on them from all sides. "Miya, we have to go, like, right now." 

Miyako looked around herself and spotted the men, all watching them closely. She nodded. "Yeah. Let's go." Kaoru grabbed the two brothers and made her way to the exit, the same way Brick went. Once outside she pushed the two brothers down one corridor. "Go that way. We will lead them away so you guys can go call for help. I don't think they came here to dance." 

Butch started to protest, but the four men kicked in the door, making the four teens jump. Kaoru growled and took a fighting stance. "Who are you?" She asked. The men laughed. "Nobody you need to worry about, Buttercup." He put pressure on the last word, making her freeze. "What?" Miyako took a quick glance over at Butch and Boomer, who both stood still like statues. 

One of them smirked. "Yeah, we know who you are. You too Bubbles.  Our boss has kept an eye on you three, especially the red one. That's why we had to blackmail the nerdy kid. We needed to get her alone for an hour or so." Miyako gasped. "What do you want with her?" 

The others laughed. "Not much. We just want her nice body. You know, use her and then throw her away." Miyako gasped and covered her mouth, her baby blue eyes brimming with tears. Boomer ran over and hugged her, sending a nasty look at the goons. Butch sighed and stood beside Kaoru. "So," He said, lifting his fists. "You girls really are the power puff girls?" 

Kaoru looked at him. "Yes." her teeth were clenched together, but Butch understood. She turned to Miyako. "Miya? We need to find Momoko. Are you ready?" Miyako sniffled and whipped her tears. "Yeah. I'm ready." 

ROLLING BUBBLES!

POWERED BUTTERCUP!

Bright lights shined and covered the girls, changing them into their superhero identity, the people Butch and Boomer had learned all about fighting them. Buttercup raised her hammer and slammed it down on the floor, making all the guys fall on their butts, even Butch and Boomer. Bubbles blew four bubbles to catch them, before tossing them all into a broom closet and locking the door. 

Boomer stared at Bubbles, his eyes wide and mouth open. "So Brick was right. You are really Bubbles." Bubbles smiled apologetically at him, twirling her staff in her hands. Buttercup flipped her hammer over her shoulders. "Butch, do you know where your brother is? I bet he knows where Momoko is." Butch shrugged. "No idea. But he said they would be in a classroom on the other side of the school. We could go there."

Buttercup nodded. "Sure. Bubbles and I will go. You go and find your brother. Take Boomer with you." She waved at Bubbles, and the two shot off down the hallway, leaving their dates for the evening alone to search for their brother. 

Butch sighed and looked at his brother. "How did we not see it, bro?" Boomer shrugged and started walking, no real target in mind. "I don't know Butch. I mean, the girls did a good job in hiding it. I would never have suspected that Miyako was Bubbles." Butch nodded and turned a corner. "Yeah. I guess Kaoru did act a lot like Buttercup. But I would never connect the two of them." 

Just around the next corner the three brothers all collided and fell to the ground. Brick groaned. "What the hell are you doing guys?" Butch huffed and got up, dusting off his butt. "We went looking for you. Have you seen Momoko?" Brick sighed. "Yeah. She's locked in a classroom with a couple of guys. I think they are going to rape her." 

Butch and Boomer looked at each other. "Brick." Boomer said. "You were right. The girls are the power puff girls. Miyako and Kaoru just showed us before they flew off looking for Momoko." Brick closed his eyes and rested his head in his hands. "Yeah, about time you realized it too. But why are you so worried?"

He sighed and got up himself. "If she really is Blossom, then she can just transform and escape, can't she?" Boomer and Butch shared a look. "I guess so," Butch said. "But I still think we should help them." 

That got Brick angry. "Why?! Why do you still wanna be a nice guy? You just figured out that the girls have lied to you and tricked you. They didn't say a thing about who they were and kept quiet. Why do you still wish to be a nice person after this?! What's in it for you guys?" He screamed, his face red and fists tightly by his side. 

Boomer looked like a kicked puppy. "Brick, I'm sorry. But I really don't want to be a bad person anymore. Miyako may be Bubbles, but that means that she knew who I was from the beginning. So she gave me a chance. I don't want to disappoint her. The girls gave us a chance and a job. They befriended us and wanted to talk to us. Don't you want to be normal?" 

Butch nodded at his brother and glanced at Brick, who was hiding under the shade of his hat. "Brick, don't take this the wrong way, we still want to cause some panic once in a while, but we want to give this normal stuff a chance." Brick kept his head low.

"MOMOKO!! GET AWAY FROM HER!!!! OR I WILL END YOU ALL!!" 

Butch and Boomer looked around worried, searching for the source of the voice. Brick pointed in the direction he came from. "She's in a room down that hall. Dexter ran the other way. Good luck." He whispered, before stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I'm going home. Tell me what happened when you get home." And with that he left his brothers, his back being the only thing they saw as he disappeared into the darkness.