Chapter 9

The girls got to the professor's lab rather quickly. They walked right in and sat down on the yellow couch. Kaoru yawned and stretched out before closing her eyes. Miyako and Momoko sat upright and looked around. The professor had told them he had something amazing to show them, and that they had to come right after school ended. 

"Girls?" Kaoru said from the couch. "Why do we have to hang out with the rowdy's again?" Momoko sighed and turned halfway to face her green superhero colleague. "Because, Kaoru, we have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't go sneaking around causing trouble. And that is the best way to keep them from finding out the fact that we are the power puff girls."

Miyako nodded and checked her nails. "Momoko are right. We have to be careful and not make them suspicious of us. And maybe we can change them for the better." Miyako smiled a bright smile. "Besides," Momoko said, catching Kaoru's attention. "We still don't know why they decided to come to school. They don't like it there, they don't pay attention, and Mojo didn't even seem to realize that they were going to school either."

Just then the professor walked in, his son following with the robot dog poochi in his arms. "Good girls, you are here. Then we can begin." The girls got up and walked over to the table that was placed in the middle of the room. Ken placed Poochi on the table before walking over to another smaller table and grabbing a container the size of his head. "This is something we have been working on for some time now, and to perfect it, we need some of your blood."

"Why?" Momoko said and looked at the clear liquid in the container. "Because the white Z-ray in your blood is the perfect component for the formula." The girls looked at each other skeptically, but before any of them could answer, the professor stuck a needle in Momoko's left arm and drew out some blood. "Hey! Professor, I didn't say you could take it. What is this anyway?" She said and held her arm to stop the blood from staining her outfit. 

The professor ignored her and dropped a few drops of the blood in the container, and Ken began to mix it together. "This, girls," He said and filled a syringe with the liquid. "Is a truth serum. The last thing we needed were the pure Z-ray in liquid form, so we weren't able to get any from Poochi. But your blood is liquid, so all we had to do was to get some of your blood. And now, we can test it out." Kaoru grabbed the syringe and looked at it, before drifting her eyes to Miyako, who were painting her nails. "So we have to test it?" Ken nodded slowly, knowing where Kaoru was looking. 

"But we don't have to do it right now. We can try it later." The professor nodded and grabbed the syringe. "We are not sure yet if the formula is correct, so we have to be careful." He laid it down on the table, and the girls turned to go meet the boys. Just as they were walking out the door, they heard a scream from the park. Poochi ran out to them and jumped into Miyako's arms. "I detect Z-ray. But I don't know if it's white or black."

Ken called the girls in, ad they all crowded around the screen to see who it was. And there, in the middle of the park, stood the Rowdy ruff boys, messing around and causing trouble. They were waving around with their weapons and laughing. Miyako sighed. "And I really thought they had changed." Kaoru nodded, and Momoko only turned on her heal and started heading out. "Let's go girls. We have a town to save." 

Once they got to the park Buttercup slammed her hammer on the ground, making the boys jump and drop the candy they stole. Bubbles sent a bubble to catch the candy, and to keep it away from the boys, and Blossom, but she would never say that out loud. Blossom placed a hand on her hip. "Really guys? We thought you would have given up acting like jerks when you entered school. Guess I was wrong." Brick smirked. "Oh really? You thought we would just give up being bad because we entered school?" 

The brothers turned around and started running. "Come on then!" Buttercup shouted and started going after them with Bubbles, but stopped when she noticed Blossom weren't following. "Hey, Bloss? Aren't we going after them?" 

Blossom spun her Jojo around her finger. "You girls go. Keep them busy. I have an idea. Be right back." And then she speeded of towards the lab again, leaving her team-mates with confused looks. "What?" Buttercup asked herself as the two remaining Puffs went after the Ruffs. 

Blossom flew right into the lab and scared both professors. "Ken, Professor. I need three syringes with the serum." She looked around searching for the syringe they already made and grabbed it fast before Ken could get it. "Why?" He asked as his father filled up two more. "Because Ken," Blossom said and grabbed the syringes. "You said you needed someone to test the serum on right? The rowdy ruff boys are the perfect test subjects. That, and I really wanna find out why they are even going to school."  

And with a smile she blasted right out of the lab, sending papers flying up the walls. The professor sighed and looked halfhearted to the monitor, where Blossom was headed straight for the park. Ken patted his father on the back. "Don't worry dad. It is a good idea. And we need those results. Better than trying in out on the girls and make Kaoru angry because it failed, or even worse, worked." The professor nodded. "I'm sure you are right son. But we need to make it easier for the girls to get to the lab. They can't fly in the door every time. It's  not good for my health, or for the laboratory."

Blossom's feet touched the ground the exact time as the blue rowdy flew past her and slammed into a tree. Following him were Buttercup, her face flushed and her hammer ready to kill. Blossom stopped her by lifting a hand and giving her a look. Buttercup lowered her hammer. "Where are Bubbles, Brick and Butch? I have some things we need to try." She said and held the syringes up for Buttercup to see. The green puff smirked and flipped her hammer over her shoulder. "Don't know about Bubbles and Brick, but Butch is safely in a bubble somewhere in that direction." She pointed in a direction behind her and sighed. "I can take Boomer and Butch. Just find Brick and Bubbles. I think they were headed for the pond. I'll meet you there." Blossom nodded and flew off.