Chapter 17

"Tell me, why are we doing this again?" Brick asked as he passed by the girls once again, dressed in a black apron with his hair tied in a ponytail. Momoko simply smiled and took the strawberry shake she had ordered.  

"Because. You guys need the money, and Peter needed someone to help him." Kaoru nodded in agreement and sipped her lime soda. "You should be thanking us you know. I mean, this has to be a better way to get money than robbing and stealing." 

Brick shrugged and walked back to the counter. Boomer worked behind the counter, while he and Butch took orders from the costumers. Boomer loved it. He had a lot of fun learning to make small cakes and coffees. Butch didn't really mind it, saying that he got an excuse to pick up hot girls. But he told Kaoru that she was still his girl no matter what. Kaoru kicked him in the leg.

Brick was another story. He just couldn't figure out why he had to work like this for his money. And he really didn't want to go around giving people their drinks. So why did he stay? It's not like his brothers needed him to, and no one was forcing him. But he did it anyway. He stayed, and learned how to take people's orders, and how to carry drinks without spilling it. 

Soon the girls had to leave, but they promised to be back by the time the mall closed to get the boys. "Thanks again for doing this Peter," Momoko said and grabbed her bags from under the table. "We really appreciate it." And with that, the girls left the boys to their work, making their way to the closest shoe shop. 

Brick huffed and cleaned the table. Butch brushed past him to greet two girls who just walked in. "Hello, ladies. Would you like to know the special for the day? You won't be disappointed." The two girls giggled and sat down at a table, both ordering a hot chocolate with cream. Butch wrote it down, nodded quickly before winking at the girls and walking over to Boomer. "I could get used to this." He said and handed the order over to his brother. 

Boomer nodded. "Yeah. This is fun. We really have to thank the girls later. Maybe buy them something with the money we get. Do you think Miyako would like a necklace?" Boomer sighed and stared into the cup of chocolate, a goofy grin clear on his face. 

Butch laughed. "I'm sure she will buddy. But make me those drinks not man, the girls are waiting." 

Brick sighed as he heard his brothers talk. Why would they want such a boring life? Weren't they bad? Evil? The worst of the worst. The were the rowdy ruff boys. Lying and stealing is what they do. But now his brothers are being good, talking about jobs, earning money and being nice to other people. But Brick refused to go that low. 

"Brick. Can you give those two girls their drinks? I have to help Boomer clean up something." Butch patted his brother on the shoulder before disappearing behind the counter. Brick sighed and placed the drinks on his tray. 

"Here you go." He said and placed the drinks down. THe two girls looked up, slightly disappointed that it wasn't his brother. But they quickly smiled again as they saw who had served them. "Thank you cutie." One of them purred. Brick nodded briefly before turning to leave. "Um- We would like to order if that's okay with you." 

THe ruff sighed and pulled out his notepad, pushed his cap back a bit and looked at the girls. "Yes?" He said casually. The two girls giggled. "Well ......"

TIEMSKIP: One hour later. 

The girls made their way back to the tasty donut to pick up the boys, but they found that to be very difficult. 

"What the heck are all these people doing here?!" Kaoru said angrily as she shoved her way to the counter. People of every age stood in the tasty donut, some of them eating or drinking, and others talking about what to order. Miyako and Momoko followed after her, apologizing to people as they walked past. 

After much struggle, the three girls made their way to the front, where they saw the brothers. Boomer was sweating, his hands working fast making drinks and adding finishing touches to cakes. Butch stood and took orders from people, flirting with every other girl by winking or saying a lame pick up line. The girls giggled, blushed and squealed. 

Brick was nowhere to be seen, but they could hear someone cursing from the back room, so they assumed that's where he was. Miyako got Boomer's attention and smiled at him. Boomer's whole body seemed to relax as he tapped Butch on the shoulder. Butch looked over and saw Kaoru yelling at a smaller boy for stepping on her foot. Butch nodded and turned to the people in the cafe. 

"Okay. It's time to close. Get out, people. Sorry, but we have to get home for the day." People groaned but began to clear out. Slowly but surely the tasty donut started to become empty. "Brick. Get your ass out here. We're going home for the day!" Butch screamed behind him, untying the black apron. 

The swing door burst open, sending an explosion of flour every where. Then Brick stepped out of the room, his whole body covered in flour. "What?" He asked grumpily, his arms grabbing for his now white cap and brushing it clean of flour. 

"Are we finally leaving?" He said and placed the cap back on his head. Butch nodded. "Yeah." Brick sighed in relief and untied his apron, showing a huge clean spot in from of him. Boomer laughed and pointed at his brother, Butch, and Kaoru joining him once they saw it. Miyako giggled lightly, finding it slightly funny. 

Brick just looked confused at what they were laughing about and looked at Momoko, the only one not laughing. And she had a good reason. She was furiously tapping away at her phone, paying no mind to her friends. 

Just then Peter decided to enter the tasty donut, three envelopes in hand. He took one look at Brick, smiled knowingly and handed him a towel to clean himself up. He then gave each of the brothers an envelope. "I look forward to seeing you all on Monday for your next shift. If you all want to." Butch looked suspiciously into his envelope and grinned when he found two hundred in cash. "Dude. Thanks, man. Sure I'll return. The lady's love me anyway." 

Kaoru rolled her eyes and pushed him towards the door. "Thanks, Peter. The boys really appreciate it." Miyako and Boomer nodded. Brick just crossed his arms. "I didn't. At least three girls tried to steal my clothes. And one came at me with a sharpie, saying she wanted to write her number on my arm." 

Butch snickered. "Yeah. Brick is one of the reasons there were so many here. Him and me. Nobody cared about Boomer." That earned him a punch from Boomer in the arm. "Ow!" Butch said in mock pain, pouting. "Kaoru.... He hurt me. Now you have to nurse me back to health...." "EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!" Butch was cut off by Momoko. 

"OH..... MY....... GOOOOOOODD!!!" She screamed, jumping around holding her phone high in the air. "What's going on?!" Kaoru said to Miyako, who shrugged. "Don't know. Let's ask her. Momo?" Momoko stopped jumping and looked at her friends. "What's going on?" The pink puff took a deep breath, before shoving her pink phone in her friend's faces. "Look for yourself. I was just asked, by text, but none the less, to the dance!!!" Miyako gasped and read over the conversation. "Really? That's wonderful Momo." 

Kaoru rolled her eyes as the group exited the mall. "Who would want to go to a dance with you?" The girls were walking in from of the boys, speaking loud enough for all three to hear the girls. "Dexter of course." Brick, who hadn't really paid much attention to the girls, suddenly lifted his head, suddenly interested in what the girls were saying. "Dexter?" He asked his brothers. "Is that the red haired nerd?" Butch nodded. "Well, Momoko is making a big mistake by going with him to the dance." 

"What do you mean Brick?" Boomer asked. "Well, I overheard him and a few other guys talking earlier today at school. And they said some pretty interesting things."