Chapter 23

Bricks new look was threatening. His usual clothes had been swapped with some darker, more sharper look. Black jacket and blood red tank top, complete with black pants and a threatening sword. His eyes were a deeper red color than usual and Momoko was getting weak in her knees. 

"Now," Brick said and took a look at himself. "This is what I'm talking about. So much power. I can feel it. No wonder you like being a power puff so much. This is amazing." Brick jumped lightly and levitated right over the ground, his red shoes no longer touching the ground. "Feels nice." 

Momoko looked around and started making her way towards the streets, in hope of finding her friends. But just as she moved her body, Brick's new sword was placed right beside her head, forcing her to turn towards her counterpart. "Now now. Can't let you get away, can we?" Brick leaned closer to her, almost touching her nose with his. 

"There is no way you are escaping from me. Not now." Momoko's eyes were rimmed with tears, and Brick smirked.  "Oh don't worry. I won't kill you. Yet. First I'm going to have some fun with my new powers, and then I will come for you. But for now,"  As he spoke he grabbed Momoko by the wrist and started flying upwards. He made it to the top of the closest building and proceeded to drop Momoko right on the ground. 

"You will just have to wait right here where I can see you at all times." He smirked, before shooting up into the air again, heading towards the forest. Momoko got up and walked over to the edge of the roof, looking down. 

She was several feet up in the air. Now, usual, Momoko wouldn't be scared of heights. But she didn't have her power belt, and she felt really powerless knowing Brick had it. Momoko raised her head looking for her friends and spotted them flying around. "MOMOKO!" Bubbles shouted, her hands clutching her wand. 

"Bubbles! Over here!" Momoko shouted, waving her arms. Buttercup and Bubbles spotted her and flew over. As soon as they were there Bubbles hugged Momoko, almost knocking her to the ground. "Easy there Bubbles." Bubbles nodded and stepped away from her friend. "What happened to you? You just disappeared." 

Buttercup landed on the roof beside them. "Yeah. Bubbles got a point." Momoko looked over the city, trying to come up with a way to tell them what had happened. "Well, I saw Brick and decided to follow him. He then pulled out my power belt," "Wait. He had your power belt?" BC said, dropping her hammer.

"Yeah. He said he got it from my purse the night Dexter left me. Anyway. He realized I was Blossom, and then said he would hurt me. Bad. He then put the belt on, got this crazy power-up, flew me up here, and then just left."  

Buttercup bit her lip and looked around herself, making sure Brick was far away. "Okay, let's just get you away from here, and then we can talk about what to do with Brick later." Bubbles nodded and walked over to Momoko. "Let's get you to the professor. Hold on to me." Momoko grabbed for Bubbles but was stopped by a sudden red energy blast, the two girls bearly able to roll away. "No one is leaving this roof." 

Brick landed on the roof, his red glowing hands dimming down from the blast. Buttercup growled. "Get out of here punk. We are getting Momoko away from here." Bubbles grabbed her staff and pushed herself off the ground, Momoko forgotten on the ground. 

Brick focused on the two powered up girls. "Hello Miyako, Kaoru. Nice of you to join us." Buttercup growled and picked up her hammer, ready to attack. "So, you figured it out? And now you are gonna get revenge on us for not telling you? Is that your great plan?" Brick smirk, letting his hands drop to his sides. 

"Not really. I don't care much for you too. Butch and Boomer would be so sad if I hurt you. But Momoko, that's another story." Brick looked briefly over to Momoko, who had tried to make her way to the stairs leading down. "I can hurt her, so so much. And I think that it's only fair. After all, she has humiliated me and beat me down for so long."

 Brick walked over and gripped Momoko's upper arm in a strong grip, making her cry out. He then dragged her over to be placed in front of him, using her as a human shield, effectively stopping BC in her advance. "Now now. Don't do anything rash. Don't wanna hit your precious friend right." 

Buttercup lowered her hammer and settled for murdering Birck with her eyes. Brick smirked. "Good. Now, this is how it's gonna go down. You two leave and take my brothers with you, while I have some fun with Momoko here. Then you can pick up her body later. Okay"

Bubbles looked helplessly at Momoko, her eyes ready to burst. Momoko nodded. "It's fine girls. I'll find a way out. Just go. Tell the professor." Buttercup took a step forward, and Brick lifted his sword to her neck. Momoko looked right into the eyes of her friends. "Really. Just go. I'm fine." Bubbles really didn't want to leave her, but she did as she was told and kicked off the roof, levitating right over the top, waiting for Buttercup. 

"Fine. But we are getting her back." And with that the two superheroes few away, leaving their leader in the clutches of her worst enemy. Brick smirked and glanced down at his counterpart, her eyes rimmed with salty tears. He lifted his sword just a bit and scratched her cheek, letting some blood drip down. "This is gonna be fun."