Chapter 4

Boomer followed after the five love struck boys as they walked to the second floor searching for Miyako. Boomer heard from the guys that she was the kindest girl in the school and that she cares for everyone. But even with a thousand boys asking her out, she still remained single. The boys didn't seem to mind that they never would get a yes from her, and Boomer wondered why this girl was so special that the boys wouldn't give up. 

Miyako just finished off her art piece and was on her way home when she was stopped by the usual gang of boys. She didn't mind that they stopped her every day, but she wished they would move on and stop asking her out. She smiled at them and giggled as they pushed and shoved to ask her out. Her giggling stopped when she spotted Boomer. He wasn't pushing like the other guys, but she noticed the faint blush he had on his cheeks. Miyako decided to tease him a bit and winked at him. His face flared a deep shade of red, and Miyako smiled. 

Miyako wasn't as sweet as most boys would think. She could easily tease and manipulate boys to do as she said, but she doesn't want to. But for some reason, she wanted to with Boomer. Maybe it's because he only knew her as Bubbles, and she couldn't flirt with him as a superhero. Maybe she wanted to play with him as payback for all the times he flipped her skirt. All she knew was that she really liked the way he blushed from just a simple wink. 

She smiled and waved off the other boys. And when she turned a corner to get away from them she stopped. Boomer had somehow gotten around the corner before her and was waiting for her. "Hey. You're Miyako right?" He said scratching his neck. Miyako nodded and smiled. "That's me. And you are Boomer right?" He nodded. She moved around him and started walking, but Boomer grabbed her wrist. "Ummm.... If you aren't too busy, I would like to talk to you. Get to know you more." He blushed again as Miyako turned and grabbed his hand, and in the process intertwining their fingers.  

"Sure Boomer." She hugged his arm and started leading him, taking great pride in the blush flaming up in his face. They stopped in the cantine, Miyako taking a seat and dragging Boomer down in the seat next to her. "So, what do you want to know?" She said tilting her head, giving the impression that she was a sweet innocent girl. Boomer tried looking anywhere but her face, but he couldn't. 

"What you like? Where you usually hang out and stuff. Friends and boyfriends?" He whispered the last bit, but Miyako just smiled. "Sure. But only if you tell me back." Her smile was so blinding, Boomer forgot at once why he even asked her. Miyako started talking to him. "I love fashion and  art, and I love animals." Boomer nodded. "I love animals too. But not fashion. I like to play video games, and I draw sometimes too." 

They kept talking for the next ten minutes when Miyako looked at the clock. "Sorry, Boomie. I have to get home." She said, getting up. Boomer was on his feet in seconds, pulling the chair back for Miyako. Miyako smiled and giggled when he tripped on his own foot trying to follow her out the doors. 

Well. That was easy. Momoko was right. He is completely like the other guys. She thought. Once she had waved goodbye to Boomer and walked a few blocks away, she pulled out the paper she had gotten during one of the classes. Momoko's long handwriting was all over it. It was instructions to talk with Boomer and make him fall in love with her. That way he was out of the picture. And Miyako had done just that. So she folded the note neatly and laid it back in her pocket. 

Meanwhile, Boomer was still standing by the school gate, looked where Miyako left him. He sighed. She looks so pretty with her hair in those pigtails. He thought. And she is really sweet. We have a lot in common too. He smiled and turned around with his face in a goofy smile. 

The smile didn't fade, not even when he saw his brothers. One had the biggest red mark on his cheek, and the other was completely covered in dirt. Butch was grinning like an idiot, but Brick justed seemed tired. The brothers didn't say a thing to each other and just started walking home to their run down house, and their monkey parent.Only when they feel down in the couch did they take a really good look at each other. 

"Dude," Butch said looking at Brick. "What's with the red mark on your cheek?" Brick touched it and then gestured to Butch. "Me? What happened to you? It looks like you wrestled with a pig." Boomer laughed. Butch turned to him and smacked him upside the head. "What are you laughing about? What's with the sunshine and butterflies all around you?" 

Boomer sulked and pushed his brother away from him. "I just talked with Miyako. She was really nice, and we have a lot in common actually." Brick sighed and got off the couch to get some ice. He also turned on the shower for Butch. "Well. Did the girl look like one of the puffs?" Boomer thought about it. "Yeah. A bit. But I asked her about it, and she said she don't really care about superheroes and that stuff." 

Butch walked over to the shower and felt the water. "Damn!" He yelled. "Why is the water so cold. Why can't we have hot water like the rest of the world?" Brick laughed and placed a pack of ice on his cheek. "Don't complain. We have a house to sleep in, an idiot that buys food for us, and as much free time as want." He huffed and turned on the beat down tv with poor signal. 

When Butch stepped out of the shower and got on new clothes he walked over and pressed himself down in between his brothers. "Well. The girl those two guys introduced me to looked like BC. The same deadly aura and everything." Brick sighed. "Butch. What exactly did you do?" Butch smiled and relaxed back on the sofa. "Well, my dear brothers...."